wanted to purchase

Booreatta

I also put on the buy/sell but I need to purchase a couple of the square plastic holders that the plastic wings go into under the dash to hold the plastic cover that covers the AC lines at the firewall. I still have good wings but the plastic parts that they go into are broken and wont hold the plastic wings.. any leads would be appreciated

Chuck

I have both the RETAINER on the left and the FASTENER on the right

The common failure is the retainer, those plastic "bulges" on each side break (heat and age)   When that happens the winged fastener is not attached to anything and they bounce out and get lost.

I sell either part for $2 each...........you can mix any way you want........shipping is a flat $2 regardless the quantity you buy.....these are NEW parts

THUMBSCREW.jpg

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth this is what I did when mine broke. A 5/16" cage nut fits perfectly into the square hole in the steel cowl. I then took a 5/16" stove bolt that had a wide but shallow head and used my cutoff wheel to grind a wider slot in the head. Using the old plastic wing nut as a pattern, I traced the wing design on a scrap piece of steel the same thickness as the plastic wing and ground it down to resemble the plastic wing. From there it's just a matter of soldering the wing into the slot of the stove bolt and painting them black. Now, instead of just a 1/4  turn to lock it down, it screws into the cage nut until tight. No more worry about plastic breaking and wings being lost. Once installed you can't tell it from the original.