Auctions

There are two auctions  in Europe shortly that have a wide range of cars that could interest collectors.

Bonhams have a large auction in Holland and the cars and bikes being offered have low estimates or no reserve , many are from the U.S

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25077/

The second is in France and although a smaller auction has some rare cars and automobilia  rarely offered .

http://www.osenat.com/html/index.jsp?id=92465&lng=en&npp=150

I like the 8 cylinder Delage and the quirky Voisin .

124443_7f04ab72893cfee97260ec8ba192795e_normale.jpg

6-1.jpg

Edited by ERA
Re space photos (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

They both look like great sales. Just a bit far away for most of us.  

Greg in Canada

Its only a few hours away and you can enjoy a bottle or two of Grolsch in the many bars whilst sauntering around the centre of Amsterdam red light area after dark. Its something not to be missed and the auction venue is not far from the city and with the Osenat auction being held the week before close to Paris which offers so much to see with a visit to the Folies Bergere which will give you wings just like a Red Bull. 

Your only here once so pack a suitcase and get going , the trains between cities in Europe are cheap and regular , accomodation is plentiful and inexpensive.

Thanks , ERA.

I looked at the Bonhams sale in the Netherlands. I was not familiar with this Ford collection and expecting it to be  5 or 10 units. It's an impressive and large collection. I would be surprised if there is a bigger collection of Fords in the U.S., now that the Towe Collection(Sacramento & Deer Lodge) is smaller.

About 240 vehicles, not counting the motorcycles, including:

• a 1932 V-8 Roadster
  • a 1915 Town Car(really a Landaulette)
  • a 1931 Town Car Delivery
  • 19 Lincolns, 1923-1940s, coachwork by at least 3 companies, including a town car
  •  "A" fire trucks, tow trucks, P.O. trucks, busses
  • "A" Budd sedan delivery
  • an unusual "A" landaulette
  • a 1903 "A"
  • a Model "K"
  • Like 1