Trophy

Tim Wolfe

2 minutes ago, Tim Wolfe said:

When we receive a trophy only my name is engraved on it even though when we enter the car as the wife and I are the owners. Why isn't her name included? Wife feels left out..

Why not ask the person who engraved the trophy? :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Did your registration form have BOTH your names on it, including your signatures on the waiver at the bottom?  Was there also enough space on the trophy to include two names and a last name?

Craig

Let me give a general answer.  First Tim, you can always call me or email me to get answers like this.  You know how to reach me.  We do NOT normally engrave two names on a trophy.  First there is a matter of the room on the engraving plates.  Second is a change of engraving set-ups which is extensive when you are engraving hundreds of items at once.  Third is the fact that despite the joint membership, one member is always primary.  We do have members that have cars in the wife's name and cars in the husbands name. 

On National Awards we are able to do both names and always do.

You have to understand the massive scope of trophy engravings to understand this issue.   Probably seems simple but it is not for us especially if we want to get the plates out in a timely manner. 

$40 for membership. $40 for the show. $25 for trailer parking. $80 for a chicken dinner........ And you expect TWO names on a trophy. EGAD man! Surely you have NO idea of what we go through........................Bob

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks Steve, I know how busy you are and thought I would just ask on line. Didn't expect any negative answers since I was sure other may have wondered the same thing.

Local group toured Steve Glasiers Restoration shop, man is a true artist.

22 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

$40 for membership. $40 for the show. $25 for trailer parking. $80 for a chicken dinner........ And you expect TWO names on a trophy. EGAD man! Surely you have NO idea of what we go through........................Bob

I guess you never went golfing,  AACA is a great deal!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bob, by now you should know that we do not get a dime of trailer parking, a dime of the chicken dinner and only $30 of the registration fee which hardly pays for a trophy.  I will pay your gas, tolls and food bill for you to spend one day in this office to see what the massive job is getting hundreds of trophy's sent and engraved and keeping track of who wants what on each trophy.  We have in fact accommodated people who asked for two names on a plate when there has been a request.  All we can do is go on what our database says and we do not show co-owners.  What may seem simple to you is not at all.  Take your shots at our small hard working team but it is done out of a lack of knowledge.

• Like 9

On 6/5/2018 at 8:32 AM, Tim Wolfe said:

When we receive a trophy only my name is engraved on it even though when we enter the car as the wife and I are the owners. Why isn't her name included? Wife feels left out..

Get a trophy at a local shop and put your wife name on it.  You can then tell all your friends you have a “trophy” wife! Problem solved.

most of my trophies have fire company or some other non profits name on them as that’s who gave them out.  I believe my real name is third place as that’s what the trophies have printed on them.

Actually, I’m glad to hear your wife is so involved and supportive of the hobby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John348 said:

I guess you never went golfing,  AACA is a great deal!

You guess incorrectly. AACA is a good club. That's not to say there isn't room for improvement. .....................Bob

Yep, Bob there is always room for improvement and we keep trying.  As I explained to Tim and tired to explain in this thread you cannot enter a meet with a car as a couple.  The software just does not allow it and it is a long story why it does not but it is for good reasons.  Our custom software is amazingly complicated as it has to do a lot.  When we can we try to accommodate a member individually and have done so in the past.

To give you an idea of how much work this is for our staff.  Getting home from the AGNM we had to unload the entire trailer that was filled from head to toe.  Merchandise had to be unloaded, counted, put back in inventory and checked for damage as well and brought up two flights of stairs.  Well over a hundred trophies had to be brought in, inspected, repackaged, and prepared for mailing to members who did not come to the banquet.  Over 450 award plates had to be individually engraved with owner's name and car info, then oxidized, packaged and put in the mail.  This is not automated, just one guy sitting at a machine.  We pride ourselves in getting this done in only days but it will not happen this year as we have the Elegance this weekend and most of the staff are involved.  In the meantime everyone has the regular day to day job and have to answer phones, mail and do other items to serve our members. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

You guess incorrectly. AACA is a good club. That's not to say there isn't room for improvement. .....................Bob

Bob, why do you always try to pick fights with our club? Do you realize that changes can be made by the Board of Directors? You need to step up to the plate and volunteer to help change the problems that you think need changing. Better yet, why not ask to be on the AACA Board? It's easy to make strange statements from the outside, why not try it from the inside and help make changes. I will tell you from personal experience, it is hard work to keep AACA heading in the right direction for the benefit of all members!

Wayne

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, R W Burgess said:

Bob, why do you always try to pick fights with our club?

Good morning, Wayne. I'm sorry you see my comments as picking fights. They are only my opinions of the subjects at hand. As such they should be taken at face value and that it  is how a common everyday member views the subject. Any director should be interested in that.

57 minutes ago, R W Burgess said:

it is hard work to keep AACA heading in the right direction for the benefit of all members!

I'm certain it is. Which is why opinions that may differ from the current insider ones are important. Agree with them or not as you please....................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

12 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

Bob, why do you always try to pick fights with our club? Do you realize that changes can be made by the Board of Directors? You need to step up to the plate and volunteer to help change the problems that you think need changing. Better yet, why not ask to be on the AACA Board? It's easy to make strange statements from the outside, why not try it from the inside and help make changes. I will tell you from personal experience, it is hard work to keep AACA heading in the right direction for the benefit of all members!

Wayne

Wayne, you have a thankless job, but I appreciate the hell out of your efforts.  If it wasn't for the great pay you received I would feel sorry for you.  Wait you don't get paid?!?!?  OK then, I don't feel sorry for you, but I fully respect your efforts and admire you for your perseverance and dedication to a very important job and club.  People like you keep this organization afloat despite the odds.  Good luck, you have my undivided support.