1933 DODGE DP6 3SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION BUSHINGS NEED HELP

I am in need of help, I need to replace the Transmission bushing on my 1933 Dodge DP6. 

I have found the one bushing under the tail attached to the cross member, it is pretty much gone, I am not sure if there are other bushings attached to the 3 speed manual gear box, but any help would be appreciated. I seem to be having a hard time finding new bushings. however if anyone can tell me if there are other bushings other than the lower rear bushing under tail and where I can get new ones. well that would be great. 

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Do you mean the rubber insulators?

Curious too. I've got a '33 Plymouth and I thought the transmission was identical to that in the '33 Dodge. It has been a long while since I've had mine apart and while my memory is not what it once was, I don't recall any bushings in it. As I recall it, everything was either a roller or ball bearing.

The only rubber on a frame cross member on my car is, I think, a damper/stabilizer. It is on a cross piece that is bolted to the frame on either side. You need to remove the return springs for the brake and clutch pedal when removing it. And it is not attached to the transmission in anyway. And now that I think about it, I think it goes between the engine oil pan and the flywheel housing, not on or next to the transmission.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ply33 said:

Curious too. I've got a '33 Plymouth and I thought the transmission was identical to that in the '33 Dodge. It has been a long while since I've had mine apart and while my memory is not what it once was, I don't recall any bushings in it. As I recall it, everything was either a roller or ball bearing.

The only rubber on a frame cross member on my car is, I think, a damper/stabilizer. It is on a cross piece that is bolted to the frame on either side. You need to remove the return springs for the brake and clutch pedal when removing it. And it is not attached to the transmission in anyway. And now that I think about it, I think it goes between the engine oil pan and the flywheel housing, not on or next to the transmission.

I see 1 rubber damper/stabilizer that is between transmission and cross member. I can not find a replacement so I may find a URETHANE bushing and trim / drill it to work. 

As I mentioned in your other post, Then and Now Automotive can revulcanize these mounts with fresh rubber to factory specs.  The cost for the rear mount was around sixty bucks when I had it done.  This is a vital part of the Floating Power setup.  I would not try and replace it with a different compound or material that has a totally different durometer reading.  In my car this mount is steel with a vulcanized rubber insert, held to the transmission by four bolts in threaded holes, and to the removable cross member by two nuts and bolts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Taylormade said:

As I mentioned in your other post, Then and Now Automotive can revulcanize these mounts with fresh rubber to factory specs.  The cost for the rear mount was around sixty bucks when I had it done.  This is a vital part of the Floating Power setup.  I would not try and replace it with a different compound or material that has a totally different durometer reading.  In my car this mount is steel with a vulcanized rubber insert, held to the transmission by four bolts in threaded holes, and to the removable cross member by two nuts and bolts.

Thanks man, I must have missed it, but your Detail helps a lot, I will look into Then and Now Automotive to have it Revulcanized.