NAILHEAD INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS FROM CARS

MRJBUICK

Just trying to find out if anyone has used the fiber/paper intake gaskets for the nailheads from Cars in NJ

up until now all i have used is the original style steel shim gaskets. i understand they are getting harder to get, and in many instances replacements are just as good.

I am just trying to find if anyone who has used them likes or dislikes them i have to use them on my 57 364 they are also the same as 60 401

i am just a little concerned by the exhaust crossover ports.

and of course i am doing this for the rotted freeze plug UNDER the manifold, fortunately which i have already.

Thanks for any help/input  

Marty

Two things I did this afternoon, put a new plug in the bottom of my intake manifold and drove up to town for coffee. I like the factory shim gaskets.

Picked up two plugs at NAPA for $0.75 each.

Just got back from the coffee and put things inside for the night.

Bernie

Thanks for all the responses / info

i ended up calling Best Gaskets, they were very helpful

i was worried about the exhaust crossover and the gasket material

i was told that the material is actually exhaust gasket material so no worries there
should be installed without sealant although that is left up to the builder and torque "SHOULD" be the same.

i have a set of Fel -Pro steel shim gaskets on the way from Rock Auto also so i have my choice when i get it apart,

neurotic i guess lol

thanks to all for the input and info

Marty

I prefer the FelPro gaskets because I can reuse them most cases without creating a mess and scraping the heads/intake manifold. The Best Gasket set is good, but even without sealer they have stuck to the surfaces every time I've used them. Might be best to use something like weatherstrip sealer on the making surface so it easily breaks away the next time you need it off. 

• Thanks 1