1939 Chev 'Master 85' Coupe for sale - Driver!

I'm selling my 90% original, 100% complete, 1939 Chev Coupe - the 10% is the engine and exhaust - a 235CI straight 6, mild cam grind, Offe intake, cast/headers, dual carbs and exhaust. It sounds period perfect and drives like a dream! The rest of the car is an unrestored original with a single repaint some years ago that shows some checking and cracking.

We currently have too many toys in the toy box so we're making some room. We're located in Northwest Washington state and are happy to help arrange transportation with a reputable car hauler.

1939 Chev 'Master 85' Coupe

67k original miles

Unrestored original with 1-repaint and period custom engine/exhaust

$25,000/obo

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpgIMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0199.jpgIMG_0203.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0206.jpgIMG_0204.jpg

Looks like a nice coupe. The 90% original may be high with a replaced drive train and repaint but it wont matter if the price is right.  At 25 you are competing with a lot of interesting cars.

Dave

Expecting a car to sell on this venue in 6 days is unreasonable. Doing this for a living, I tell my clients that it's rare for any car to sell in less than 90 days, and that's with a professional marketing campaign across a dozen different advertising venues all over the world. Don't assume that everyone reads every post every day--it may take some time for the right guy to see the ad and even more time for him to pull himself together enough to buy it. The next owner may not even see it for a few weeks. So don't assume that the lack of instant, hungry feedback and eagerness to buy the car means nobody is interested. It just takes time, that's all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave39MD said:

Looks like a nice coupe. The 90% original may be high with a replaced drive train and repaint but it wont matter if the price is right.  At 25 you are competing with a lot of interesting cars.

Dave

Thanks for the feedback Dave, much appreciated. I figured 90% based on just an engine swap. Maybe 80% is a better number?

4 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Expecting a car to sell on this venue in 6 days is unreasonable. Doing this for a living, I tell my clients that it's rare for any car to sell in less than 90 days, and that's with a professional marketing campaign across a dozen different advertising venues all over the world. Don't assume that everyone reads every post every day--it may take some time for the right guy to see the ad and even more time for him to pull himself together enough to buy it. The next owner may not even see it for a few weeks. So don't assume that the lack of instant, hungry feedback and eagerness to buy the car means nobody is interested. It just takes time, that's all.

Thanks Matt - I'm sure I don't have to say it but, as a true rookie I'm sure I don't know what my expectations should be and appreciate you giving me some insights from your own experience. In all honesty, I didn't expect it to sell in 6 days but did hope for some feedback or questions. Given your feedback though, I'll be patient as the next owner finds their way to my post or, failing that, consign it with a professional.