36 Dodge

63 Riviera Rear Electric Window

Does anyone know what can cause a rear electric window not to shut all the way? It was working fine before. The window goes down and back up to that point with no problems. I would appreciate any help. 

Regards,

Marco

15279779935407743694675679357838.jpg

First thing to check is dirt/rust/lack of lubrication on the regulator linkage. Unfortunately you will need to remove the seat and side panel to do that. Do both sides if you go to that work, I'll bet some oil and grease will work wonders.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2018 at 10:01 AM, TexRiv_63 said:

First thing to check is dirt/rust/lack of lubrication on the regulator linkage. Unfortunately you will need to remove the seat and side panel to do that. Do both sides if you go to that work, I'll bet some oil and grease will work wonders.

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I already tried your suggestion but it still doesn't go all the way up! I might have to take it to the shop if I can't figure this out. 

23 minutes ago, 36 Dodge said:

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I already tried your suggestion but it still doesn't go all the way up! I might have to take it to the shop if I can't figure this out. 

Another thing to look at, are all the bolts holding the regulator and slides tight? IF not it is possible it is out of adjustment. You need to look at a factory service manual which will show you the linkage.

50 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Another thing to look at, are all the bolts holding the regulator and slides tight? IF not it is possible it is out of adjustment. You need to look at a factory service manual which will show you the linkage.

Thank you!!! I will do that.