dim headlight

My left headlight glows dimly in low or high setting. I suspect a short but wanted to see if anyone has experience with this problem before I start tracing wires. Yep, I did replace the bulb and no difference. Thanks in advance.

curt

Short will blow a fuse faster than you can say "rickytickytambnoseerambolarrychempo"

Likely not your problem.

You may have broken strands of the wire if you have it under rather than over.

See one of Barnie's previous posts. headlight_repair_3.jpg

For several years my right front headlight(on my 89 coupe) would not come on when the light module flipped open. This happened once in about every three tries. When I wiggled the spiral power cord, which was strung on the top level, the light came on. So I just kept the light up by using the manual open button on the dashboard. Fixing it is on my "to do" list, now that I have retired. By the way, I just bought a 90 convertible and there is no longer a manual open button, is this progress?

Thanks all for your replies. I did get it fixed over the weekend. Turns out it was the ground wire at the connector plug -rear of headlight. I twisted the wires and the light came on -released and went off. I could not find any break or disconnect in wire. I sprayed some connector cleaner in the plug, let it dry, plugged back in -works like new. Easy fix for a change. grin.gif Thanks again.

curt

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. MINE OPENED BRIGHT AND IMMEDIATELY WENT DIM. EVERYTHING APPEARED TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE, BUT IT TURNED OUT THE WIRE WAS BAD AT PLASTIC CLIP. REPLACED PIN TAIL AND ALL IS WELL.