1928 standard windshield visor

michealbernal

When I purchased my 1928 standard sedan it came with what I assumed to be a windshield visor but it was not installed.  It is steel, about 9 in wide by 43 3/4 in long.  Included with it was some material that is the same as the roof material.  Does anyone know if this is the correct visor for this car and is it supposed to be covered in the same material as the top of the car?  It has several holes along one of the long edges and I assume wood screws are used to secure it to the underside of the roof above the windshield but what size screws?  There are two holes on each of the windshield uprights and I assume some type of bracket is used hold it on at each end again with some type of wood screws.  Can someone please provide some information on this?  Thanks.  Mike

Dracenroc, thank you so much for the photos, they are most helpful.  I really appreciate you taking the time to photograph your visor.  Mike

• 1 year later...
On 5/29/2018 at 2:28 PM, dracenroc said:

Mike, to compare...mine looks like this.

About 8 x 44.5in

Werner

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

Which outside mirrors are those you got there?

Do they replace the door hinge pin or mount over it?  My door pins are painted over and I am afraid to try to remove them for fear of chipping the paint but damn I need some outside mirrors!!

• I bought some clamp on side view mirrors that go on the wind wings, that way you don't have to remove the hing pins.  They are the same size as the ones that go on the hinge pins.  

On 9/3/2019 at 11:37 PM, Crazyfamily said:

Which outside mirrors are those you got there?

Do they replace the door hinge pin or mount over it?  My door pins are painted over and I am afraid to try to remove them for fear of chipping the paint but damn I need some outside mirrors!!

I don't know the make of the mirrors.

Its hard to tell but I think its a bracket mounted over the hinge pin. To be sure I would have to remove the bolt connecting the two brackets.

3rd & 4rd pic shows the hinge and pin just below the one with the mirror.

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg