Car dreams

Buick35

I often dream about old cars sometimes to wake up disappointed that it was only a dream. Like remembering that I have another one stashed away that I had forgotten about or driving and old thirties car without any mechanical issues.Last night I dreamed that I had some large old British car of some kind, also from the thirties, then I had to wake up again.Darn! I'm sure that happens to a lot of us,am I right? Greg.

• Like 2

I'm so pleased to hear others do this as I often dream about buying a farm and discovering a old car in the shed usually it's a veteran or vintage and sporty or it's a high wheeler. I also have other dreams of the old houses on the property having all sorts of old interesting treasures. When I tell my wife about the car dreams she usually tells me I'm sick and should seek help My reply is too late to do anything about my illness ?

Working on my XK120 MC roadster from time to time in my dreams. Always figured I would never sell it. But I did, 1/2 century ago. So inexpensive in the mid '60s. Any part over the counter, some "junk" yards even had a few stacked up. Wake UP, Carl ! Knock off the daydreaming ! You want to get over the mountains before dark ! Long memorial day weekend. Yanked the beat up '74 Suburban out of the weeds and deposited it at the ranch. Plates expired May of '90. Ran great over the mountains Eastbound ! "Ain't very cherry, she's a oldie but a goodie". Resurrecting it to drive in the salt water these morons from somewhere else insist on forcing upon us when the temp drops to 35 degrees or so in the rain. Glad I have the Rusty old thing. Heavy 3/4 ton, 4 speed, full time 4WD (love it),and a locker. It will be running long after I will not. I hope I have a great dream about IT some night. I got it to explore Baja almost 40 years ago. A dream unfulfilled !! I'll drive the other Suburban Westbound.

Here it is on Memorial Day with a very strong wind having no mercy on Old Glory. Sweet dreams , all. Don't run out of gas.       - CC 

DB4B97C5-EC5B-448E-88E8-F51C86780D44.jpeg

I had a dream that I didn't pay too much for my car, but that I only bought it too early.  I just can't figure out if I was one or two decades early!

This is someone else's quote and I can't place credit where credit is due.  It is, however, a consoling viewpoint.  The quote above follows the quote from the seller: "It's paint ready just needs wiring and an interior".  Further followed by a quote from the body man working on the car who calls and says his dumpster was overweight from all the bondo removed from my car and there will be a charge for that.

With having three 1958 Buick's most of my driving life and only one back on the road, I have this frequent dream to have all three fixed up and driving into a Car Show together with my two boys drive one each with their girls....

I really need to make that dream a reality (if enough time and naturally money...).  

Happens during the day. There are certain roads, houses, farms, and places where there have always been cars in yards for sale or next to houses. My Wife knows what I mean by "perennial" cars when we go for a ride. They are stuck in my head, even visually. And I always look when I drive by even though they have been gone for decades.

A few nights ago I woke up from a heated argument explaining that "no revisions will be needed and every thing would be version .0, no .1, .2,.3 or anything else. Imagine the frustrating real situations that bring on dreams like that!

Bernie

I could write a book about the dreams I’ve had. It would mostly be nightmares though. The main themes are finding more garages with my father’s cars or trying to find help fixing them, selling them, or finding all the parts for them. ?‍♀️ Then there was the dream where I crashed one when I was trailering it to Oregon.

I did have a couple that reminded me of going to car shows with my father when I was young. It was like having some extra time to share with him.

He’s still hanging in there, but has no recollection of his cars and usually doesn’t remember me these days. He’s even told me “It’s okay if you tell people that I’m your dad, but we know different”. At least he doesn’t mind me calling him dad. ?‍♀️

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

I could write a book about the dreams I’ve had. It would mostly be nightmares though. The main themes are finding more garages with my father’s cars or trying to find help fixing them, selling them, or finding all the parts for them. ?‍♀️ Then there was the dream where I crashed one when I was trailering it to Oregon.

I did have a couple that reminded me of going to car shows with my father when I was young. It was like having some extra time to share with him.

He’s still hanging in there, but has no recollection of his cars and usually doesn’t remember me these days. He’s even told me “It’s okay if you tell people that I’m your dad, but we know different”. At least he doesn’t mind me calling him dad. ?‍♀️

I am so sorry about this - so hard on the family and friends when the patient says things like this!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From many years ago:

In 1966, my dad bought a new Chevy Nova SS. It was a 327 4-speed and, at 16, I loved it! I even used it to take my driver’s test. I drove it regularly for almost 4 years, even taking it to college. Then, in late ’69, my dad traded it for a 1970 Nova SS, a 350 4-speed. The ’70 was a nice car but it I just didn’t have the connection with it like I had with the ’66. When I graduated in ’71, my parents gave me the ’70. All during the time after the ’66 left us, I dreamed about it often and told my parents that the first car I’d buy for myself after college would be another ’66.

As luck would have it, in 1972 I got an ‘offer-I-couldn’t-refuse’ from a man who wanted to buy the ’70. I was selling cars for a living at the time and didn’t really need a car of my own, as salespeople back then were furnished ‘demos’. After being without a personal car for about six weeks, I noticed an ad in the classified section of the local newspaper for a 1966 Nova SS 327/350 hp 4-speed. I went to look at it on my lunch hour, made the deal and picked it up that evening. That was 46 years ago and I still have my ’66 SS - and the dreams stopped the day I bought it!