33/34 Handle repair

What's the best way to go about restaking?  Not quite sure of the best way to do it without damaging things.  My handles were disassembled by Paul's Chrome, so I'm flying a bit blind on reassembly.

I would say once back together nice small sharp chisel and stake the corners of the shaft do 2 opposite corner should hold it fine, just make sure they go back in the same place need that slight spring movement in handles. The type with the small collars, have little indentations in the handle with new collars you would just pin with a screw driver, {flat} to hold them in place.

Forgot to mention wrap all new chrome parts in a clean rag as not to damage,,,, before you start,

Edited by knobless (see edit history)

Another way is to drill the square shaft with a very small hole maybe 1/16 or so and insert a very tiny cotter pin holding the washer with the spring at its furthest depressed position. You do have to trim and bend the cotter pin so it doesn't interfere with things but quite easy to do. I've done it like this for years with no problem and you don't have to beat on your newly re chromed handles. Just another thought.

• Like 1