Sign in to follow this  
mensanguy

HOW MUCH GAS........

One of the best things about our cars being nearly 30 years old is that you can register them as antiques ( in my state) and pay very  little regarding insurance and taxes,  However, this comes at a cost, in that you can only legally drive them a limited # of miles per year.

That said, mine are left sitting a lot.  How much of todays formula  gas should be left in the tank to prevent problems? Should we keep it full to avoid condensation, or keep as little as possible in to keep it from going bad?  I personally keep less than 1/8 full, and add fresh gas every time I use them.

What do you think?

I only use Ethenol free gas, due to my boating experience of constantly fighting contaminated gas.  Full is better than empty, even if the gas has to live in the tank for years.  I don't use any additives, and haven't had any contamination issues with my TC.

I also use only ethanol free gas.  If it is going to sit for a while, you can fill it up and add some gas stabilizer.

Full, and use Sta-Bil. Even the new "red" Sta-Bil has ethanol neutralizer in it.