MrEarl

Who's Going to Denver

I think before making a definitive comment, I would be interested in the cost breakdown. We are typically five at the National when we go. If half the cost is for the bus, I can often buy a lot of fuel with that (I.e. tour to Norte Dame in 2013). The other factor for me is which car(s) I have at a meet, in terms of convenience or comfort for a driving tour. We generally have to drive at least two days to get to the meet, so in some respects I’d rather not drive until it’s time to head home. 

There’s lots of factors. 

On on another note, perhaps this discussion merits its own thread. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack Welch said:

Hey Brian: Skip the Coors Brewery and go a bit farther to Ft Collins and tour the New Belgium Brewery. Home of Fat Tire Beer. Great funky place, I. think. kids are allowed. I can check for you . The former taste room guy (just retired) is a friend. You know me - always know people in the right places.

The Blue Moon brewery is right in Denver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thriller said:

on another note, perhaps this discussion merits its own thread. 

Thank you Derek. Thank you very much. In other words, while the subject is worthy of discussion if ya'll could start a thread of your own to discuss it, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack Welch said:

skip the Coors Brewery and go a bit farther to Ft Collins and tour the New Belgium Brewery. Home of Fat Tire Beer. Great funky place

18 minutes ago, RivNut said:

The Blue Moon brewery is right in Denver

So many breweries, so little time. Surely one of them is on the way to or from the Botanical Gardens. Thanks guys for the info

• Haha 1

Based on the complexity of the tour discussion and the fact that it already beyond the Denver Meet and actually beyond the Oklahoma City Meet to make changes at this point, I will try and start a new thread to get opinions about what members would prefer to do on future National Meet tours , and likes . dislikes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jack Welch said:

actually beyond the Oklahoma City Meet to make changes at this point,

Jack,

I find it hard to believe it is too late to accommodate driving tours for OKC when it is over a year away.  

• Like 1

Well Mark, in a month or two, the Bugle wrap will have 2019 registration with tours and prices so it makes sense it is already planned out. The bigger the group, the longer the logistics need for planning. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Thriller said:

Well Mark, in a month or two, the Bugle wrap will have 2019 registration with tours and prices so it makes sense it is already planned out. The bigger the group, the longer the logistics need for planning. 

That is correct, the pricing, listing for the Bugle, etc is all done and has been ready for awhile. The fact of the matter is, we have a variety of tours, planned, thanks to Pete Philips and his crew. I think there will be something for everybody . The new suggestions thread is up and ready for constructive comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

If the @#(&@@#$%^&*(  torque ball cooperates.

Ben

This is one of many issues I have to deal with too...

I plan on registering and coming up maybe Friday evening and definitely Saturday.  Hopefully I'll be driving the '54, but my daily driver 63 Skylark will be there if not.  I'll be parking out with the other riff-raff in the parking lot.

For those looking to imbibe there are many breweries and distilleries close by.  Coors tour is good, but Boulder is a ways away. 

Here are a couple of helpful websites with interactive maps:

Colorado Brewery list

Drinker's Guide to Colorado

There are at least half a dozen close by the Hotel.

If you are looking to partake of other things recently legalized in Colorado, you are on your own.  ?

Scott

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCReatta said:

Did I miss the thread about forum breakfast? 

No there has't been a breakfast the last couple of years because too many of us wish or "have" to attend the Board of Directors Meeting at 8AM, Last year we met in the parking lot on Thursday evening, and in Allentown, we met at a restaurant for dinner. 

6 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

No there has't been a breakfast the last couple of years because too many of us wish or "have" to attend the Board of Directors Meeting at 8AM, Last year we met in the parking lot on Thursday evening, and in Allentown, we met at a restaurant for dinner. 

Yeah, I was aware of that, just wasn't sure if there was anything planned for this year yet

Marck I think you just volunteered to organize it...So where and when are we meeting fine sir...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 38Buick 80C said:

Marck I think you just volunteered to organize it...So where and when are we meeting fine sir...

Let's hold it in conjunction with the Reatta Rendezvous. Already organized and we could use a few more people! 

• Like 1

We are scheduled to be at the hotel in Denver thursday after spending 2 days in Dillon CO.  Might stay in Dillon if it turns hot in Denver.  Hot weather or heated BCA politics

Edited by MrEarl
edited text singling out a member, not the thread for it (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Really looks bad downsized.

but imagine how scary it would be any larger. :lol::lol::lol:   Sending you a pm. :)

• Like 1

I couldn't even tell if that was Ben in that little photo.  Bigger is always better in just about everything   -  Well, almost everything.

Terry Wiegand

Out Doo Dah Way

• Like 1

I will be there Thursday afternoon through noon on Saturday.  Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

I couldn't even tell if that was Ben in that little photo.  Bigger is always better in just about everything   -  Well, almost everything.

Terry Wiegand

Out Doo Dah Way

Lets try again!  Full size.  The small one was downsized to fit the signature and still would not load on same.

Ben882173070_BCANationals2012024.jpg.ed6cbadffc7249a1f700565d7131d381.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK . To day I gave up on driving to Colorado .To register the truck I bought  to pull the roadster.  California  DMV said I have to do a vin varification on the 1939 ford so I did get the best appointment I could get but that is next week  .Just not enough time to pull it all off I would have liked to drive the 1925 no way can I get it done in time For this event . 

Me and my wife will be their  Friday so we can cheek it all out  

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)
  • Like 1

After some bad luck and now good luck, yesterday I got the word that I would be able to go to Denver.

Nancy has not attended the last 2 national meets because she lacks the stamina to get around, up & down, and she is sloooooow.

I was able to make part of Allentown then I drove to Brookfield last year but a schedule conflict was keeping me from going to Denver.

That problem has gone away and I will probably leave central Texas Monday morning and make the 900 miles in two days.

I contacted Roy Faries so he could forward to the proper people that I would be there to help judge.   Believe this is my 18 or 19th straight National.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and some different Buicks

• Like 4