WANTED. 1934 -1942 Chrysler, Dodge, DeSoto, or Plymouth 3 Window Coupe.

34studepres

WANTED. 1934 -1942 Chrysler, Dodge, DeSoto, or Plymouth 3 Window Coupe. Not afraid to spend very good money for the 'right" car. Must have the factory motor. MUST have 3 windows, not 5.  Completely original car with a rebuilt motor a plus.  tom griffith/madison wisc.  608-212-8774   lincoln1955@msn.com

Edited by 34studepres (see edit history)

On 5/19/2018 at 8:04 PM, 34studepres said:

WANTED. 1935 -1942 Chrysler, DeSoto, or Plymouth 3 Window Coupe. Not afraid to spend very good money for the 'right" car. Must have the factory motor. MUST have 3 windows, not 5.  Completely original car with a rebuilt motor a plus.  tom griffith/madison wisc.  608-212-8774   lincoln1955@msn.com

1935-42 Chrysler products didn't have a 3 window coupe till 1941.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:24 AM, dpcdfan said:

1935-42 Chrysler products didn't have a 3 window coupe till 1941.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:24 AM, dpcdfan said:

1935-42 Chrysler products didn't have a 3 window coupe till 1941. That's why Tom said through 1942! The span of years was for all the makes mentioned.

• 11 months later...
On 5/19/2018 at 11:04 PM, 34studepres said:

WANTED. 1934 -1942 Chrysler, Dodge, DeSoto, or Plymouth 3 Window Coupe. Not afraid to spend very good money for the 'right" car. Must have the factory motor. MUST have 3 windows, not 5.  Completely original car with a rebuilt motor a plus.

Like this one?

Photographer: Sam Hood, 1935, outside the Art Gallery in Sydney.

1934 Ply PE three window coupe.jpg

Edited by dep5
+photo credit (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Well we know market must be around 16G for one in that shape now,  or quite possibly higher as it was a buy it now and gone.  HArd to say where it would have ended up with bidding.  Maybe higher.  Can't be too many of them left in that shape.  Wither fully restored or a rough project car seems to be the usual case.  

I think that Desoto would clean up really nicely.   The pictures stink,  but it looks pretty good under the dirt.   I think 15k for 41 Mopar business coupe that is running, solid and complete is probably about right.   There is quite a fluctuation depending on what year and condition we are talking about.   I personally prefer the 41,  although a 42 Desoto would be pretty cool with the hideway lights.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

It's back up for sale.

That could be a great car,  but I just don't understand the auction.   Zero description and 5 crappy photos.    There might be a nice older restoration of a solid California car under there,  or a piece of crap.  No way to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

@34studepres The Desoto business coupe is re-listed with pic of engine.  Would be a fun car for a cross country strip - lots of trunk space and I suspect an overdrive.  I’m curious about the door to the trunk behind the passenger’s side seat - was this the businessman’s hotel door? Current bid is under 7k at the moment.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Cross posted from another thread: 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/d/ocean-shores-1941-desoto-deluxe-2-door/7208930225.html

00H0H_eyW8P0hiQRp_0Bs0hV_1200x900.jpg

almost all there" including original engine, lights, chrome, 3 of 4 hub caps, glass, steering wheel, heater, etc. Doesn't run and very rusty. Original lights are unbroken, hood ornament is present. All glass is installed but wing windows are cracked. Original body chrome is there. In some pics grill may be absent, but it is included. No running boards. Fluid drive, 3 speed manual.

The gentleman from whom I purchased this said it was his grandfather's car (1 original owner before me). He had a grocery store, and would use it to drive from the coast to town (Olympia?, Seattle?) to fill up the trunk with groceries to sell in his store.

Cross posted from this thread:

1941 Chrysler 3-Window Coupe.  11,000 Canadian

Original all steel. Always garaged, no rust. Condition and project stage see pictures.
As you can see, all the hard work has been done. Frame-off restored.

Lots of parts included, many NOS parts. Doors, hood, seat, bumpers etc. all included. Most of the chrome has been professionally re-chromed.

Original Vancouver car. Canada production. Current papers in my name.

00C0C_jS1HKHlfD36_0pO0jq_1200x900.jpg

01616_k6XzOpLxxFO_0pO0j8_1200x900.jpg

00808_dxCagFVH3En_0pO0je_1200x900.jpg

• 2 months later...

the price will be contingent on what it will take to get it running and what it will need, once we do.

picking up a new battery tomorrow and will bust it off on wedneday.

we just got it in two weeks ago.

you know the story,"it was running when i parked it." that was in '13!

it's all there and very clean under the hood. the carb looks clean, anti-freeze in the block and oil is clean. two tone wheels!

so i think it should start right up!

"we will know this week and i will let you know.

talk soon, alan

img.jpg

img.jpg

DSC03395.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

FS   1941 Dodge D19 Three Window Coupe

new 8v battery and it started right up on a gravity tank.

blew some smoke then a smooth idled for a minute before running out of gas.

pulling the tank this weekend and bleeding the brakes.

this D19 Coupe was on the road 8 year ago.

i have tons of pictures with any interest.

fort worth texas. 817-732-3668 10-6

$9500

IMG_0558.JPG

img.jpg

DSC03393.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

Edited by jesuschrysler
to clearify posting as FS (see edit history)

• 2 years later...