1962 Lesabre Turn signal switch

drhach

Hi guys, my turn signal switch is pretty well shot. I've searched and can't seem to find a new replacement. I do know that I can buy repro switches that will fit a 1962 Chevy. I guess I have two questions. The first is does anyone know where I can find a repro or NOS switch for the Buick? Barring that, does anyone know if the Chevy switch is the same? 

I know very little GM stuff translates between the companies. Maybe a third question is whether or not these can be rebuilt. 

Regards,

Dan 

There's a ton of slop in the lever. Not just in the up and down directions, but I can also rotate it a little. That lends some credence to your comments. I'll check it out.

However, it also doesn't consistently engage or disengage after a turn. Sometimes there is a very positive "click" when I engage the lever and sometimes there's no click at all. There's a lot of inconsistency that to me may indicate a worn out or sloppy mechanism. 

Dan

I don't have direct experience with your switch, but I imagine cleaning out the old grease, tightening the lever, and putting in some new white lithium grease, will resolve this situation.

• 4 months later...

It's been awhile but I wanted to follow up on this. It did turn out to be a loose screw. I tightened it and it's like a brand new switch. Everything in there actually is pretty robust looking. That switch should outlive me. Thanks again for the advice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2