Unknown woody, can someone help, please?

Phil_m1

Hi, I cannot find the brand of this woody station wagon.  
The picture is from an old Postcard, this is at the railway station in Meudon, France, near Paris, I first looked up in the French cars but could not find a similar one. 
Does someone have an idea?

Woody_unknown.jpg.0f2fda06e1241c086a0f85ad2ca6dba9.jpg

Intriguing Phil, over the years as a Woodie owner I have amassed a couple of dozen books on Station Wagons and don't have a clue what the make of that car is. Never saw anything like it. Looks like it has "suicide" doors in front and the rear doors share the same hinges. Obviously European make, but could be a homebuilt out of a sedan.

• Like 1

dictator, I think you nailed it. If we had a front view we could know for sure. I wasn't aware that Matford, (French Fords) made a Station Wagon. You learn something new every day.

12 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

Intriguing Phil, over the years as a Woodie owner I have amassed a couple of dozen books on Station Wagons and don't have a clue what the make of that car is. Never saw anything like it. Looks like it has "suicide" doors in front and the rear doors share the same hinges. Obviously European make, but could be a homebuilt out of a sedan.

Also has side-hinged rear door unlike the bottom-hinged tailgate/top-hinged rear window that many wagons have.

Phil, it's possible that the "Woodie" or Station Wagon model of the Matford wasn't that popular so they fabricated them to order. It's not uncommon to see slight variations in some models of lesser known wooden vehicles. I checked the roster of the National Woodie Club and there is only one Matford listed.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 9:33 PM, 46 woodie said:

Phil, it's possible that the "Woodie" or Station Wagon model of the Matford wasn't that popular so they fabricated them to order. It's not uncommon to see slight variations in some models of lesser known wooden vehicles. I checked the roster of the National Woodie Club and there is only one Matford listed.

Yes, I have also only seen the "break de chasse" (1938), which was it seems the only woodie by Matford.

Thanks to everyone.