Sign in to follow this  
Goffer 57

1955 Chrylser Windsor

It is a simple question. Too simple. There is no good answer for it. The simple answer is "NO". The slightly more complicated answer is "1955 - 57 Chrysler Windsor". To give a good answer requires more information. Does he still have the original engine? Is the rod sticking through the block? Does he have the original transmission?  Is his main interest swapping in an engine with more horsepower? Why did he put (318) in brackets? Does he have a 318? What year? Does it come with matching transmission? Is he a talented mechanic with a fully equipped garage and machine shop? Failing that, does he have unlimited money to pay for hand work by experts? What is his goal with the car? Hot rod, show winning restoration, something to tool around in on nice days?

That is only scratching the surface. I have plenty of answers. Too bad about the questions.

• Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

No problem.  However, you very nicely answered his question with your first reply.  You should have left it at that.  This is another example of why people don't want anything to do with finicky old men that have no ability to communicate in a kind way.  As I have preached many times before, it is another reason why our youth wants no part of old cars.  Sadly, it seems old cars means anal retentive old men that just want to be prickly.  Enjoy your rants and don't wonder why they don't hang out here.

16 hours ago, AJFord54 said:

Sadly, it seems old cars means anal retentive old men that just want to be prickly.

Isn't anal-retentive supposed to be hyphenated?

• Haha 5

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, 60FlatTop said:

Ray Caldwell was a local, itinerant, car salesman around what is called the Genesee Country of western New York (Grimy, this story can be verified).

I'm convinced that all your stories can be "verified", Bernie.  But are the verifications CREDIBLE????

Just back from a wonderful 5-day tour on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State with the Nickel Era Touring Registry, including a few members of this forum I was glad to meet for the first time but hopefully not the last.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:16 AM, Matt Harwood said:

Newcomer: I'd like to cut my leg off and replace it with a wooden peg. Can you guys help me?

Member 1: Maybe it's not a good idea to do that. Can you tell us what's wrong with your leg and maybe we can give you a better solution. You probably dont need to do such a drastic thing. Original legs are often just as good as peg legs and hey, you already have them so it's probably a cheaper solution. 

Member 2: Or if you're really set on doing such a thing, here are some sites that will help you with the job. We don't really do that around here. We like real legs, not peg legs.

Member 3: I have a few wooden pegs you can use if that helps. I've seen some successful peg legs in the past.

Member 4: Hello? Are you still there? Can you give us any details or feedback at all? We're investing time and effort trying to help you improve your ambulatory situation here.

Member 5: you could also use steel or fiberglass. Don't limit yourself to a wooden peg, although just keeping your real leg is still probably the easiest choice.

Newcomer: <crickets>

Member 6: Chased another one away. We could use more peg legs in our no peg legs club. Shame on you guys for not encouraging him to cut off his leg. If we dont embrace peg legs, our "no peg legs" club will die. You dont want to lose the "only natural legs" club you love so much, do you?

Rusty: Can you give us some information? Why do you want a peg leg? Is your original leg missing? One or both? Amputated above or below the knee?

Newcomer: I'm  32 years old and live in Alabama. My favorite color is blue. I still have both legs. My toenails are so long I can't put my shoes on and Gomer down at the filling station says I should have my legs cut off and put on Chev 350 artificial ones.

Rusty: You don't need new legs. Get a nail clipper from the drug store and cut your nails and your shoes will fit .

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Rusty you finally went over the edge — you are talking to yourself in Post on a forum! 

Dave S 

• Haha 1

I understand you’re nuts,  we all are for being in this hobby, but writing posts to yourself, about yourself, makes me think you need special help beyond what the rest of us goofy guys need. I say guys as we all know the ladies on this forum are the only ones with any sense 

Dave S 

One of the great philosophers of the twentieth century said it slightly different.