'65 headlight adjustment

RIVNIK

Greetings! Went to a local event recently & had to drive the Riv home after dark for a considerable distance. I realized that I had not been out at night since I dismantelled, refurbished, & lubed my clamshells & linkages(months or years ago).Each lamp now points in the wrong direction.  Any tips on adjusting the lamps properly would be welcome. I am familiar with the basic procedure and have actually done it before on another car with only two lamps, but the stacked quads with the clamshells presents an entirely different situation. I know you don't just point them all straight ahead. And the adjusting screws don't appear to be as easily accessible as one would expect. I know the service departments used to have a gadget on wheels they rolled up to the lights for aiming them, but there must be some tips only you old-timers know for doing this at home. Thanks for any help you can offer.      Drew

Every inspection station used to have one of those alignment kits. They are scarce now.

You can make a lot of improvement just by pointing your at a garage door, probably my first choice if I was doing it.

Bernie