hddennis

Early Chassis Identity Sought

Drive components and rear axle, maybe rear half? of frame too appear to me to be 1911 Buick Model 14.

Thanks Layden, I knew someone on here would recognize parts of this so called prototype!

Howard Dennis

I do hope someone besides me has sent a polite note to the seller? I know.  Usually pointless. Most sellers of such vehicles never listen to good advice from people that actually know something.

I have heard it all several times before. Great uncle So-n-so built this in 1900, and the reason so many parts look like model T Ford is that great uncle So-n-so invented them, and Henry Ford cheated him out of the royalties he deserved. Yeah, heard it before.

One sad aspect of this, is that there are some parts there that could be somewhat valuable to someone restoring a car that needs them. These piles often get kicked around until they rot or get scrapped.

From a more cynical point of view, many owners of such vehicles ( or any other such object) really know just what they have but are subscribers to " The Greater Fool Theory".

Gee, Layden, and people have always called ME a cynic?! :)  They of course have always been correct.

For those that don't know, I have known Layden B for about forty years now.  No feather ruffling intended.

I especially love the headlamps! Made from Model T Ford 1917 and later sidelamps with projecting lenses added on the front. Model T Ford 1919 and later wheels too.