Shenandoah Region Apple Blossom Show Saturday May 11

greenie

This Saturday, May 12, the Shenandoah Region hosts its annual car show and swap meet, its 60th year- in Winchester, VA.

Saying the weather has been unkind over the past decade or so seems a tremendous understatement. Many droughts have been averted by this event.

Right now, the forecast looks good. 

Plan to be in Winchester this Saturday for this event! Celebrate the great old cars and the nice warm sunshine.

Edited by greenie (see edit history)

The 2019 rendition is this Saturday, May 11. The weather forecast, like it can be believed, calls for sunshine. That would be 2 years in a row and a modern record! The Hudson-Essex-Terraplane (I hope I spelled that right!), group has revitalized their weekend gathering and should turn out in good number. Stop out to see a great early Spring show and swap meet.

A great event with a long history.  I always enjoyed the variety of cars and the swap meet always offered a treasure or two for me.  Can't make it this year though as we have a local event that we're going to attend.

Perhaps next time.

Terry

Yes, it's at Jim Barnett Park.  Problem is, if it rains and ground gets soft, the city won't let cars on the grass.  Show then goes to parking lot.

hope weather holds, but there is rain in forecast for tomorrow...

Weather was nice, if a bit chilly- at least until we left about noon (darn weddings!). The car show was on the grass in the park, with the swap meet just below. The number of vendors was slightly down, but some interesting parts were offered. There were about 80 cars in the show when we left, with more coming in. Surprisingly, the Hudson contingent seemed small. A great old show in a wonderful setting. Let’s hope it bounces back.

Here are a few of our purchases:

A6298A40-F3A1-4CC6-B844-C9BFF7B1474E.jpeg

F64C496B-0B39-4E67-A692-5842650485CD.jpeg

849F189C-E630-410D-A3D8-166EFA584597.jpeg