Car Hauling, back at it after being retired for 8 years.

After taking 8 years off to help a widows friend that had passed, with their business, I'm back at it. He owned Dodge City Vintage. I sold my trucks thinking that I would never drive an 18 wheeler again, just the one, two car with a one ton dually.  After being away for 8 years, this industry and job have really changed. Brokers are worse, traffic is worse in all the main cities, people are ruder on the highway etc. And the biggest change is the electronic logbooks. Stay away from the search engines and brokers if all possible. There are good brokers out there. If you need one if you can not get your vehicle moved, call me and ill give you info on good brokers to deal with. I'm running mainly between FL and WA state. here are some of the loads so far.

He had me in a 2017 Western star until his 2018 Peterbilt came in with a 13-speed automatic. I will never drive a stick shift 18 wheeler again after driving the automatic. The Pet is the white truck.

1524072616916.jpg

1524072659371 (1).jpg

1523581031991 (1).jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey Countrytraveler,

I'm with you!!!

I hauled antique cars on a lesser scale, just one or two at a time, but my observations are the same...

Too much traffic, and grumpier drivers than ever!!!

I retired a couple of years ago, and moved to Jamaica, to enjoy my "golden years", but, here I am envying you!!!

Here, antique cars aren't seen much, but there are some collectors, which, I have found!! (Darn it)

I recently bought a vintage 1989 Argosy Motorhome to get me at home here, in style...

It is in Kansas, and I contacted an old friend who hauled old cars to get it running (fairly low mileage, but it has sat for 12 years) and get it to Florida, but it is not easy to get it here, to Jamaica.

My wife and I want to set it at a beach, and enjoy that scene, but the weather is wonderful here, always unless it rains,

Hey, oldtimer, doesn't the cold mess you up each winter?? It does me, but it is warm here, year round!!

Sorry about the underline, can't get it to stop!!

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 4:25 PM, MikesWoodieWorld said:

Hey Countrytraveler,

I'm with you!!!

I hauled antique cars on a lesser scale, just one or two at a time, but my observations are the same...

Too much traffic, and grumpier drivers than ever!!!

I retired a couple of years ago, and moved to Jamaica, to enjoy my "golden years", but, here I am envying you!!!

Here, antique cars aren't seen much, but there are some collectors, which, I have found!! (Darn it)

I recently bought a vintage 1989 Argosy Motorhome to get me at home here, in style...

It is in Kansas, and I contacted an old friend who hauled old cars to get it running (fairly low mileage, but it has sat for 12 years) and get it to Florida, but it is not easy to get it here, to Jamaica.

My wife and I want to set it at a beach, and enjoy that scene, but the weather is wonderful here, always unless it rains,

Hey, oldtimer, doesn't the cold mess you up each winter?? It does me, but it is warm here, year round!!

Sorry about the underline, can't get it to stop!!

Cheers, Mike

I'll be down to see ya!! 

13501634_10206950468982700_7332929318911098094_n.jpg

13528990_10206950469382710_1703140916581928053_n.jpg

Can you comment on how the electronic log affects total time behind the wheel in total mileage driven in a week?  Is it effectively a pay cut for the driver ?  My understanding was you could forge about 15% on the old paper log.  If total time behind the wheel goes down the cost of shipping a car must go up.  It’s been very difficult to ship cars the last six months just about anywhere in the states.