45 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I got 10 years and about 12,000 miles from my first set of Coker's

Coker what's. Coker Cokers or Coker twentysomething other named tires? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Plain vanilla Coker biased Firestone repops. What is supposed to be on my car. Just looking down past the keyboard drawer and seeing Oxfords and a plain black T shirt, not Nike Airs and a Hard Rock Cafe souvenir shirt. All my stuff is period correct. No compensating here.

I run Coker Classics on my 60. 800-15 2 1/2 WW bias.  Nice riding tire.  I'm not going to sugar coat it...from 0-70-80 mph they ride very well.   I mean, I'm ready for the cuffs at that speed but at least it is a smooth ride until the red and blue lights behind me start flashing.   

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Coker Firestones, got ya...

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

All my stuff is period correct. No compensating here.

and I certainly wasn't suggesting otherwise. But I'm sure you realize all of Cokers tires aren't "rebadged" , some are badged Coker, hence my question, nothing meant by it.  I too wish to at least keep a "correct look" vs this

211875316_Cokerclassictire.thumb.jpg.549681add5a1258fc3d207770fa2212a.jpg

Which may very well be a fine tire...  Possibly the same tire as the BFG with the higher price of the BFG being due to the fact the company must have had to pay heavily for the molds and rights to the names, who knows....

Regardless, since I can't find a suitable, recommended, correct size bias look radial plus all the controversy of not running radials on the old Kelsey Hayes wire wheels, I've decided to go with Willies recommendation of (Coker) BF Goodrich Silvertown 760-15 2.5 inch whitewall. Now onto figuring out what tubes, flaps ect ect and who the heck to get to mount them.  But me thinks I'll start a new thread for that or perhaps one more related.  THANKS EVERYBODY for your thoughts and input.

cok-59200_w.jpg?rep=False

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good looking tire, Lamar!   I stayed with the Coker Classic on the 60 as the front were relatively new.  The rear needing replacing. I'm a guy who likes all 4 tires to match!  Having two needy children in the garage one watches their P and Q on parts!     

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 1

You had to know I was smiling. Restraint is my least recognized attribute.

Mine say Firestone. I was just getting a shot in at the old  guys who show up at the cruise night with the ubiquitous T shirts, Nikes (with support socks), and the cute little pony tail. They have radials.

My first born was lying on the should of the dirt road to get this shot on biased tires at 50. I knew he was safe.

Dust-4.jpg.950d4f996b41f11000733e136476d1bb.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 60FlatTop said:

You had to know I was smiling. Restraint is my least recognized attribute.

Mine say Firestone. I was just getting a shot in at the old  guys who show up at the cruise night with the ubiquitous T shirts, Nikes (with support socks), and the cute little pony tail. They have radials.

My first born was lying on the should of the dirt road to get this shot on biased tires at 50. I knew he was safe.

Dust-4.jpg.950d4f996b41f11000733e136476d1bb.jpg

This photo is absolutely EPIC!

13 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

Having two needy children in the garage one watches their P and Q on parts! 

Oh I understand FULLY... and as much as you want to treat all the needy children equally, seems one or the other is always crying for more. I've finally told the wagon to hold your horses for awhile so I can help get the Century back on the road again. I literally sold the wheels out from under the Century quite some ago and just now finding the funds to re-shoe her. 

• Like 1

You have me so confused right now, I'll, never get It right.  I looked in my drawer no oxford, no black shirt rock-n-roll new jer jersey.

• Haha 2

I found a couple pictures of aged cruise night goers but I thought they might be recognized. One had socks that matched his whitewalls.

Certainly a cultural experience.