Hazdaz

Wiring help - installed halo lights, but trying to get them to work with both the parking lights and low/high beams.

Thanks man, appreciate it.  I agree on the amber/white.  I dig it on the new Challengers because they just have 4 headlights with halos.  But I’m a Rivi with the big parking/turn lights, it wouldn’t look right.

So we have lights!

OK, not really. 

Those are just the halos, but I figured out what was wrong.  I blew a fuse so these are running directly connected to the battery in the pic and passing the switch and fuse.  I think I am going to do what you guys suggested and use a relay to connect the halos. 

To be continued...

IMG_20191024_191207032.thumb.jpg.9411057031cd309da22d5665a3e7410f.jpg

Those do indeed look cool.  I hope they aren't just re-branded Dapper LED taillights though.  

Do you actually have these or you just found them?  

Question for the 1st Gen Riv Crew... 

Where would be a good spot to tap off of for the relay for the halo LED lights?  I purchased a relay like you guys suggested and I was going to wire it up normally, but the option to use a trigger would solve one of the issues I have in that I am constantly forgetting that the lights are on.  Since the switch I am using is mounted right above the radio, I was thinking to maybe tap into one of those wires that is only on if the car is on.  

Any recommendations before I have to break out the multimeter and start poking around?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hazdaz said:

Those do indeed look cool.  I hope they aren't just re-branded Dapper LED taillights though.  

Just found them, but seriously considering them. I'd like to give it a try making my own, but the list of stuff I want to try making is getting way too long.

Has anyone reached out to see what Lambert's might have to offer.  They're well recognized in the street rod industry.  

On 10/29/2019 at 11:38 AM, Hazdaz said:

I hate conjecture.  Therefore I contacted Easy Performance and got permission from them to copy and paste their response to me.  Seems that Hazdad has got it backward.

Here's the response that I received from Easy Performance:

Dapper Lighting is a distributor of our (Easy Performance) multi-pattern sequential LED taillight product line. They do not, as far as we have experienced, relabel or repackage Easy Performance products under their name. They sell our products under their product category of ‘Advanced Tail Lights’. They also sell our competitor’s products under the product category of ‘Simple Tail Lights’. Any product that Dapper sells that does not have our name (Easy Performance) on it will not be a product of ours.

Regarding someone having a bad experience with some lights from Dapper, we would doubt that was related to any of our products. We say this because we offer a Lifetime Warranty on our complete taillight product line, we warranty our products directly and do not require anyone to go through the place where they purchased them through, we provide technical support through email and phone to assist with resolving any technical issues that may arise with retrofitting our LED lighting systems into the vehicle. We are committed to our customers to provide them a highly advanced tail lighting solution that will be the last taillight they ever need to buy. From our experience, the people at Dapper Lighting have been among the best people to work with in the automotive aftermarket business.

If there is anything else we can do, please let us know.

Thank you,

Jim Wierzbicki

Easy Performance Products, LLC

3514 Roger B. Chaffee SE

Wyoming, MI  49548

USA

I am very happy to hear that this is the other way around because I didn't feel like Dapper should be getting my money.

The driving season is definitely over now, so I'm gonna have to see if they are worth getting come springtime or if tinkering with the LED board I already have is worth doing.  I know that the overly fancy lighting patterns from the Easy Performance board is overkill, so dropping that much money on something that I'd mostly set to on-and-off (without the sequential pattern) might not be worth it.  

Rivnut, are you going to try these boards out?

4 hours ago, Hazdaz said:

Rivnut, are you going to try these boards out?

When the time comes.  I'm in the middle of body and paint. Then comes interior. Then comes all the frilly stuff.  It will be a while at the pace my body is letting me work.

Interesting reply. Easy Performance will get my business, soon as I save up enough pennies.