Sign in to follow this  
Jack E

1930 Buick rad hose

What color were the rad hoses that were installed on the 1930 Buicks when new? My engine had orange hoses on it, which need replacing. I can't imagine the hoses on my car being original. But the car has not been on the road since 1972ish, so maybe.  I see mostly black on the 30 Buicks in the photos I've been looking through on the internet. 

Thanks again!!

Jack

Edited by Jack E (see edit history)

Did the original black hose say Buick on it or is that a "new" aftermarket thing? 

Here's a photo of my progress on my 1930 model 47. The wheels in the photo are not for the Buick, I was just dreaming of owning wire wheels. :)IMG_20180520_164008.jpg.40a4fd69bfd0554471c85687df998450.jpg

Thanks again,

Jack

Jack, Mark is right.  It left the factory with black hoses.  Keep this thought in mind - tires, batteries, and hoses are perishable items.  When it came time to replace these things, most folks went with what was available to them.  Your 1930 Buick was an used car right during the height of the Depression.  No one had two nickels to rub together and made do with what they could.  I personally like the Red radiator hoses.  I am going to use them on my 1916 when it goes back together.  It is your car and you can certainly do things as you wish with it.  If you are restoring to historical accuracy, then you will need to do things accordingly.  If you are putting things back together for a driver and a car to have fun with, then you can certainly do things as you want and fun will be your motto.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas 

• Like 1

Thanks Terry, I too like the look of the red hoses and belts. I used them on my 1921 Dodge brothers touring car and think they look great. However I'm trying to put the Buick back to it's original state as it was a special car for my father.

Edited by Jack E (see edit history)

No idea if these are correct but I put both on my 1923 years ago because I liked the look and saw them on another car.

Bob's Automobilia sells them

rh-118-copy_q0du-eq.jpg

lc-200_98vm-z5.jpg