Sign in to follow this  
West Peterson

1931-32 Chrysler

Can an exact model be pinpointed on this? The header panel above the split windshield seems to be different than Imperials, plus the windshield wiper placement within that panel would seem to me be the big clues here. Is it a CD8, and is it possible to tell exactly which year it is?

scan 3.jpg

Deluxe CD introduced May 1931 according to The Standard Catalog. This one seems to be minus its 'winged radiator cap.'  Or is it smaller than I think it might be?

I see the left wing. Evidently, they ordered the standard winged cap with no leaping gazelle.

Thank you, Keiser. I see that it's a mid-year (May) introduction. Chrysler seemed to have a lot of running or mid-year changes/additions in the very early 1930s.

You got that right! I have two 1931 Dodge coupes. Both built in February. One has the shooting star radiator cap, the other has the leaping ram. One has two hinges on the doors, one has three... there were other weird changes that are small, but significant when looking for a correct 1931 Dodge part.

That is what makes it fun... I guess.

• Like 1

Both of my coupes were ordered with wire wheels, both came with wood wheels. Chrysler was know for using the parts they had on hand to assemble cars during the Great Depression era.