Frame Originally painted

alini

You may want to ask this question on the Vintage Chevrolet Club of American website at www.vcca.org  to get an answer from the experts on Chevrolets.  They may even be able to tell you whether it was originally a flat, satin, or gloss finish.  You should post your question under the 1937 - 1941 section.

My 1933 Chevrolet chassis was and still is painted black.  

Edited by Vila (see edit history)

went to the VCCA forums and introduced myself and pretty much every response stressed they only restore their vehicles....since Im customizing I should find another place to get my answers.

Wont be going back to the forum for anything

My question was more from a point of identifying the history of the truck, I was finding numerous colors as I removed all the paint and wondered what the base color was if any.  But the fact I am building a custom truck rather than a restoration seems to make people not want to help....I might as well be a homeless guy asking directions.  I truly hate the world these days and this just adds to it.  Someone needs help or asks a question you answer it not give them a rash of crap for the choices of their life or push your opinion on them without any reference to the assistance they need.  Im just going to build the damn truck and screw the forums for help anymore.  I spent 4 years in the Riviera section of this forum helping everyone who had questions, it obviously didnt pay off for anything except knowing I treated people right

If you can't find people to help then you are hanging out with the wrong crowd.  People who restore old cars or trucks to original condition generally don't want to hang out with those modifying them.  You need to find a group that is into modifying cars or trucks.

No where in your original post did you mention modifying, and I would never recommend going to any car forum with the words Vintage or Antique in the sites name for someone modifying them.  You will generally run into the same issues you experienced with any forum for Antique or Vintage cars.

I am surprised someone hasn't chimed in and hammered you on modifying a vintage vehicle on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...