teich

Question for 1965 Buick folks

The more I look, the more Wildcat parts I see- tail panel & grill in the rafters, tail light in a box,

oil pan, rocker cover and trans cover in the back of the shop, fender trim in the back seat of the Skylark- treasure hunt for sure.

Tim- did you find the seats?  I'm digging the lightweight rig. :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the time you took to reply. ol' yeller. Finding the titles is our top priority now

• Like 1

Ted,

I may have the seats in my sights. I'll let you know

Tim

The photo of the engine in the Wildcat shows that someone has added some non 65 parts to it.  The air cleaner was part of the 66 Riviera Gran Sport package - chrome plated pancake shaped with a single snorkel.  That air cleaner was designed to fit the Rochester Quadrajet, which has a larger air horn than the 65s Carter AFB or Rochester 4GC - either of which would have been standard on a 65.  In 65, the finned aluminum rockers came only on the Super Wildcat (dual four barrel carbs) engine, BUT were part of the 66 Gran Sport option.  If it has the Q-jet air cleaner, I wonder if it also has the 66 Q-jet carb and rare Q-jet manifold for the nailhead.  66 only, Riviera only.  (The factory did out fit a few of the 400 cid Buick GS's with this carb setup for NHRA purposes though.) Big Q-jet and a four speed might add up to a lot of fun.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:14 PM, teich said:

Hi,

I've been charged with cleaning out an estate that includes 2 - 1965 Buick Skylarks and 1 - 1965 Buick 455 Wildcat. I am unsure if they run or when the last time they were run. I do know that 2 of the 3 have been sitting in a garage for at least 15 years. They look pretty complete as far as engines and body parts are concerned. Below are pics of the chassis tags from the firewall. I have researched the production numbers, styles and trims so i have all the basic info. Because of the very limited info, I'm not expecting an answer on value but if I could get an idea or two on how to start the process of selling and if I sell them as strictly parts cars what kind of number could I start at?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Red_Buickweb.jpg

Driveway_Buickweb.jpg

WhiteGarage_Buickweb.jpg

Hi Teich

i live 50 miles north of milwakee

Ted told me to contact you

give me a call so i can come down and look at the cars

thanks

Greg Hildebrand

920-893-0629

ghildebrand@wi.rr.com

On 5/8/2018 at 4:38 PM, teich said:

Thanks for the time you took to reply. ol' yeller. Finding the titles is our top priority now

Hi Teich

i live 50 miles north of milwakee

Ted told me to contact you

give me a call so i can come down and look at the cars

thanks

Greg Hildebrand

920-893-0629

ghildebrand@wi.rr.com

• Like 1

So.....whatever happened to these Buicks?

• Like 1