Sign in to follow this  
Tom Devoe

Speedometer Cables for thirties cars

I'm in need of a speedometer cable for my 1931 Studebaker Model 54 six.  Does anyone have any info on parts that will fit?  It uses a Stewart Warner Speedometer, so I'm sure the cable was used in other car model/brands too.  I'm finding there were a lot of cable manufacturers, but I have no books that have a part numbers or any cross reference specs.  Any help would be appreciated!

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I made up a cable for the Stewart 160 speedometer in my ’26 T with components from Texas Industrial Electric. They were very helpful in determining which parts I needed. They build vintage speedometer and tachometer cables as well.  www.TexasIndustrialElectric.com

Thanks AzBob, I should be able to replace one end that I broke on my Terraplane.

Not sure if this helps but an old Hygrade catalog shows 30-32 Studebaker - models 55, six cylinder; 61, 62 Dictator, 70,  as part number SS 593 which is 72 3/4 ". 30-32 models 80, 90, 91, President, part number SS539 at 78 3/4 ". No mention of a model 54.

Dave

AzBob - Called TIE yesterday and the repair parts are on the way.  They are very knowledgeable and good to work with.  Thanks much!