Sign in to follow this  
Kevin257407

Wire Wheel identification

I have 6 vintage wire wheels that I bought over 30 years ago. I thought I might put them on trailers that I build but as time went by they just got stuck in the corner and forgotten about until I started a restoration project on a 1952 Chevy Pickup. Since the Wires were 6 Lug and I was doing an Old Skool theme to the old truck, I dug them out, had them Powder Coated, bought new 4 inch Whitewall tires, tubes, Beauty Rings, etc...

my Problem is Hubcaps. I cannot for the life of me figure out what these Wires came off of and the Open, which is covered by the Hub cap is larger than anything I see For Sale on the Internet.

The Wheels are 17X3.5 inches,  have 49 spikes and the center opening is 7 and 5/8’s inches

76F824FA-B42B-4AA7-860A-DC1491FB7B6E.png

3BD1E92C-3DA0-4F8C-8182-E702486959C1.jpeg

8503D552-948B-4FF1-80EA-730BF1054036.jpeg

EE6FC064-AA59-4DB9-B9FE-45F78A607A5E.png

Wire wheels were available from the zone warehouses for the 35, and 36 Chevrolet Master series.  That is what they look like to me.  Hubcaps are available.  Wire wheels are a little problematic to keep clean.

• Thanks 1

Since spokes are always in symmetrical pairs, likely 48 in these wheels. I think I have a set of universal NOSR never used aftermarket hubcaps with 7.5" mounting rim for a 7&9/16" wheel hole. If you want them, let me know. 

• Thanks 1

Gunsmoke: I need 6 Hubcaps because I’m going to run the truck with Spare Tire Carriers on both sides of the Bed. How many Hubcaps do you have and how much are you going to want for them plus the Shipping to Forks, Washington 98331 ZIP Code ?