Want to buy exterior passenger door handle 1949 Buick 56C

lulajean

I am the proud new owner of a 49 Buick Super Model 56C and I am in need of a few parts.

I'd like to be able to get in and out of the car without having to reach inside- so I am starting with the door handle and working my way in.  

Please note the if you have handles laying around ... the photo  is the driver's side,  the handle I need will be open front  /the teardrop-shape where it attaches will be at the rear 

Dahlia.png

Buick Handle.png

Edited by lulajean (see edit history)

Unless you are missing your door handle, I think you need to start from the inside out.  I've never seen one of these door handles go bad.  You should look for a linkage problem inside the door before you buy a handle.  I think that is where you will find your problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 61polara said:

Unless you are missing your door handle, I think you need to start from the inside out.  I've never seen one of these door handles go bad.  You should look for a linkage problem inside the door before you buy a handle.  I think that is where you will find your problem.

+1.  Many years ago I had a 1949 Olds 98, so my memory is not fresh.  1949 Buick/Old/Cad were famous for droopy door handles of which you seem to have a slight case. You need to clean and lube the linkage inside the door and replace the spring that is supposed to hold the handle fully horizontal. 

• 11 months later...

I still need this part. I am/ was the proud owner of 2 drivers side door handles, and no Passenger handle. lol  (Yes, Pete who was kind enough to dig up a handle and sell it to me, but it too was a  driver's side handle.  I've focused on getting her up and running, now I am back to this little parts issue. 

Please look through your car bootie and see if you have one to sell?  

* The photo is for reference only, it is the  DRIVERS side- NOT the Side I need.  

The 49 Buick Super Model 56C passenger door handle that I need will be open front  /the teardrop-shape where it attaches will be at the rear 

Buick Handle.png

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

Edited by lulajean (see edit history)

I think this 2nd suggestion. French Lake Auto has a 1949 2dr Super Sedanette with both outside door handles in place. Look em up on net. Weeklys Auto parts has everything, see attached!earth_postcard_1509820139.thumb.jpg.532e07e81074b7757ea70bbed9c02143.jpg

• 2 weeks later...