Caption this photo....

keiser31

I am not sure how this style started. I know it came from Japan however the logic of these cars escapes me. Racing car designers go to great lengths to keep the wheels as upright as possible with very wide wheels and tires . And the maximum contact patch that can be achieved.

Intentionally tilting them like this is pure madness. Perhaps they strive to be as unsound as possible from a engineering point of view ?

Greg in Canada

Screen-shot-2012-03-30-at-2.22.00-PM.jpg

6_28_2015_phone_009.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

16 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I am certain there will be some good captions out there for this photo....

"Just how many parts DID you find at the swap meet?"

Picture 9533.jpg

Kinda reminds me of what my dog looks like from behind when I let him out in the morning.

seen lots of car like that lately, civics, yotas, etc...

drop it as low as they can go, camber in to keep wheels technically tucked under wheel wells, (this guy added flare), and vs bottoming out they have minimal travel up into the fender well vs into the fender well. and if you drive it hard enough and fast enough INTO a corner you MIGHT get some rubber on the road.

37 minutes ago, BearsFan315 said:

seen lots of car like that lately, civics, yotas, etc...

drop it as low as they can go, camber in to keep wheels technically tucked under wheel wells, (this guy added flare), and vs bottoming out they have minimal travel up into the fender well vs into the fender well. and if you drive it hard enough and fast enough INTO a corner you MIGHT get some rubber on the road.

They do this on purpose?  They think it looks cool?  There are many things in life which I fail to understand ... this is one of 'em.

Cheers,

Grog

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:58 AM, Ivan Saxton said:

If your dog is a mummy-puppy, maybe.   Otherwise, it would be holding one back tyre up in the air, going round a corner fast.

He does that for his #1.