Sign in to follow this  
Penske PC-7

1931 Lincoln Model K, Dietrich

They are trying sell a car for 189K and can't even use the gallery photo option to view decent photos and they are too cheap to pay 10¢(?) each for additional photos?....... :angry:

For a Dietrich bodied convertible with a V12 $189 k is probably cheap. Not that I can afford it but if you could, what a car.

• Like 1

Something's not right with the photos. You think an owner of a car like this would have something better than poor-quality shots from car shows. I certainly would.

6 hours ago, ericmac said:

For a Dietrich bodied convertible with a V12 $189 k is probably cheap. Not that I can afford it but if you could, what a car.

But it's not a V-12, in the listing it states it's a V-8.

I see a couple of things on the car that leads me to question the highest possible standards comment, being a trimmer I look at upholstery and tops very critically......

17 hours ago, trimacar said:

But it's not a V-12, in the listing it states it's a V-8.

I see a couple of things on the car that leads me to question the highest possible standards comment, being a trimmer I look at upholstery and tops very critically......

Well, I certainly missed that one. I saw that engine photo and thought it was a 12. I suspect neither you nor Larders did the trim work on this one.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:40 AM, cahartley said:

They are trying sell a car for 189K and can't even use the gallery photo option to view decent photos and they are too cheap to pay 10¢(?) each for additional photos?....... :angry:

One could also say, that who ever can invest this kind of money, just go and see it live.   You wil not  buying it based on pictures onley. I would also not waste time to send pictures knowing they wil not buy anyway....  rgds. i think the pictures are good enough to have general idea. 

• Like 3

If you are selling a car,  it comes with the territory to take good pictures assuming you actually want to sell the car.   And probably 90% of the guys you send the pictures to are not buyers.

Think about this,  are you going to book a plane flight and spend a day looking at a car without really knowing what it is you are going to look at?

• Like 3

One would think that Ebay would the last place to try to sell a car like that!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jpage said:

One would think that Ebay would the last place to try to sell a car like that!

I agree.  And it dilutes the value.

• Like 1

This was a “batch body” placed on multiple Marques. The identicle body was used on Pierce Arrow chassis, currently the lone surviving Pierce is under restoration in Texas. Why anyone would list such a car for sale on eBay is beyond me.

I have seen it several times first hand - 100 point car (solid no questions asked AACA senior potential and last we spoke they were prepping for CCCA - and should get it as all his CCCA cars score 99 point +  or 100 on dot) and a super nice road car too (restored to show, but also run down the road)- fellow who restored is does incredible work.  Also, car was super solid original prior to restoration.  

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

John, I agree with you--just a beautiful car--the pictures don't do justice to this quality of restoration---Tom

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

This was a “batch body” placed on multiple Marques. The identicle body was used on Pierce Arrow chassis, currently the lone surviving Pierce is under restoration in Texas. Why anyone would list such a car for sale on eBay is beyond me.

Ed,  I believe "Catalog Custom" is the right wording.

I like the car. Never seen a 31 with K-H drop center wheels.  I find it distracting not to have the trim rings on them. Color choice is great.