Owning a Piece of History

As some of you may or may not know, Sandy Jones (OCM....outlaw car man) passed away unexpectedly in February.  Sandy was a wealth of knowledge on 1933 Buick's and helped out quite a few people here on the Forum.  His wife, Karen, is now going to be selling Sandy's prized 1933 Buick Series 90 4 door 7 passenger sedan.  As many of you know, Sandy's car is one of a few that exist and was purchased by E.I. DuPont for a mechanic that helped him secure a contract with the US Navy to keep sailors cool on the naval ships.  That contract was for a new product known as Freon 12.  I will be posting pictures and letters that go with the car under the Buick's for sale section.  The asking price for this beautiful car will be $60,000 or best offer (negotiable).  Anyway, I just wanted to post this before I put together the ad for the car in case someone here is interested.  You can contact either myself by PM or contact Karen (Sandy's wife) at rowleyinteriors@comcast.net

Jay Kingston

El Dorado Hills, CA

26963202_buick1933pic1.thumb.jpg.37f9e1f66763de14393727962dc75f5b.jpg

• Like 4

I would sure love to own one of those cars. I was saddened to hear of his passing, but this also represents an opportunity for someone to pick up one of the most road-worthy early '30s Full Classics for a very reasonable price. If this were a '33 Packard Super-8 sedan, it would be a six-figure car. Once again, Buick offers a whole lot of car for the money!

Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1

Did he have two of them?  I thought a similar car just sold on Ebay?

I agree that Buicks are great cars and real value for the money, interesting how just a marque name can affect perceived value....

• Like 1

Dave -

Sandy did have two of them.  The green one was sold about 16 months ago to a gentleman in Wyoming that was in the oil business.  The car, nor the gentleman, were never seen or heard from again.  So, to this day, no one knows what ever happened to the car.  The one on Ebay may have been this car that Karen, Sandy's wife, had posted.  A lot of views, but no takers.  See below post of a picture of the two of them side by side.

Jay

Edited by tigersdad
Clarification (see edit history)

I did not know Sandy but I had inquired about buying his green and black car a while back, He was very nice and let me down easy before knocking me out with the price. I was surprised when Karen called me a couple months ago and told me he had passed, apparently Sandy had saved my name and number. She was looking for someone to value the car and I suggested she contact the BCA, I hope the sale works out to her benefit.

• Like 1

Don -

There were a couple of low-ball estimates and from what I gather, people trying to take advantage.  The car is fairly priced, but know it can be had for less.  If you know of anyone interested in this beautiful car, please let us know.  Thanks!

Jay Kingston

El Dorado Hills, CA