Where does this go?

John_Mc

I feel kind of stupid here but I took this off the car when removing the engine in my '37 Zephyr,  and now I can't figure where or how this mud pan is installed.  I took a million pictures, should ha taken a million and one!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by John_Mc (see edit history)

Looks similar to my 41 mud pan which goes on the driver's side under the steering column.  I also have on on the right side that goes under the exhaust manifold.  Both bolt to the bottom of the frame, so if you look carefully you can probably line up to mounting holes.  Mine uses like 1/4 inch screws with a hex head to attach them.   I doubt you'll find any photos of these unless someone who has a 37 can take a photo.   Good luck!

Thanks guys, yes I have the two other mud pans, installed  under under the steering gear on the left side and the one under the clutch pedals.  I think the pan I'm trying to locate must be on the right side under the manifold.  I'll keep searching and my body catalog is supposed to be delivered today do maybe that will help!

It looks too big to fit between motor and inner fender panel as an engine mud pan, the humpy bit could go under your hot air heater I suppose  but the fixing holes don't seem to be in the right place. Are you sure you took it out of your 37 LZ.  Have you got all your floor panels back in yet?

I’ve been wondering that too.  I had this sheet metal in a box with the other mud pans but various other pieces from who knows where were in there too.  I’ll take another look at it and just forget it at the moment.  I do have the 2 previously mentioned mud pans installed and I do have a hot air heater.  Thank again for all the responses. 

That is why it is always a good idea to take photos before you disassemble anything, load them into your computer and add comments to describe the location and use of the parts. Then you can look back and make sure that everything is installed and the left over parts were put there by your buddies to confuse you.