For Sale 1931 Pierce Arrow Model 43

Hi, Please see the Pierce Arrow I have for sale. Model 43, dual windshield, ex Thomas Lester car. Painted By Dale Adams in the early 80's. Beautiful condition. Wonderful driver. excellent side curtains.

Owned for last for years. Need to thin out the herd.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cq0mTtgnqFBfe0VUDaGOESIiQ941yRLy?usp=sharin

Asking Price $115,00.00 USD

Edited by vintagerodshop (see edit history)

43 Series is the smaller engine......366 cid. Don’t let that fool you, it’s a great runner. My series 42 is 385 cid. the “big block” . Any Pierce eight is a great car......I have driven in and worked on Kirk’s car..........long before he was born. I’m getting OLD!

PS. Bye the way......it’s been tweeked by the best, and is a bit of a hot rod............as I always say.......

drive it like you stole it!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

I don't know if Ed is old or Kirk is just a baby.

I’m old, and Kirk is still in Huggies!  ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, edinmass said:

it’s been tweeked by the best, and is a bit of a hot rod

Tom Lester did two engines for me back in the 1970's/80's.  They were the smoothest running engines you could find, his shop did great work. 

He would rebuild them "stock", or he would rebuild them "improved".  He told me that stock was fine for casual driving and touring, the "improved" meant that the internals of the engine were up to modern standards and car could be driven hard coast to coast (such as the Great Race that was just becoming popular then).  Cost for the improved was three times the cost of stock.

This is a great car for someone, I don't think you'll have a lot of trouble selling it......

I thought the joke was that old man telling the young uns he wanted an automatic transmission. They probably think he shifts it. Maybe to back up.

Reminds me of the old farmer who told the news reporter "Yeah, the crops didn't meet our expectations this year, but we didn't think they would." He was quoted in the paper.

I'd be real careful around an old Pierce-Arrow owner.

Bernie

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

I thought the joke was that old man telling the young uns he wanted an automatic transmission. They probably think he shifts it. Maybe to back up.

Reminds me of the old farmer who told the news reporter "Yeah, the crops didn't meet our expectations this year, but we didn't think they would." He was quoted in the paper.

I'd be real careful around an old Pierce-Arrow owner.

Bernie

That cartoon dates from 1961,Bernie. The old guy with the Pierce - Arrow was venting about the new cars of the day, like the 1960 Buick Electra !

Jim

Reminds me of the old farmer who told the news reporter "Yeah, the crops didn't meet our expectations this year, but we didn't think they would."

That's kinda like the two old ladies in the nursing home, first one says "This food is always awful", and the second one says, "Yes, and the portions are too small....." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Bump to the top. This Beautiful Pierce Arrow is still for sale. I Just entered it into a the Crescent Beach Concours in Surrey British Columbia. The Pierce won Best in class and Best of Show. Recent work and repairs include Carb repair Complete Concours detailing and prep. engine Oil and Transmission change and new Battery. Asking $115,000.00 USD

• Like 2