Juniors vs. Seniors

Schmiddy

Hi Guys
Since I am a proud member of the AAC forum, I always wondered why I still am a junior member... Newer members are from the beginning "senior". So I think I have to feel flattered to be a junior with my 55 brooms :lol::P ...or are the senior members that much older???
Either way, here I feel so well and taken in my questions! And if I can give back something small with some of my inputs and informations, so much the better!
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your much appreciated support and expertise, I love you all!
Schmiddy

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

Hey Schmiddy, at least junior status is better than freshman status!  This is a good forum with a great bunch of people.  This forum is a great support mechanism for all of us as well.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Exactly - and I'm glad to be more than a "freschman" :lol::rolleyes:!
In the 2 years that I am here, I could benefit so much and also meet many new interesting people who have the same passion - that's really great and I feel very lucky to be part of you passioned Rivi owners! (Even if I am so far away... This is the good thing with internet! ;))

Ok, Schmid, I have to ask. Do the Swiss get a traditional broom for each birthday?  By the way, your posts, particularly the ones with step by step restoration techniques, have richened the forum & the Riview to a huge degree. I intend to make good use of your treatise on restoring door panels in the near future. Thanks again,    Drew       ps.  could you remind me of your website name?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RivNut said:

Schmiddy,

I think your "status" has to do with the number of times you've posted.  You can go into your profile and add/change whatever you want in lieu of what the forum labels you.

Ed

I was not aware you could change this title! Cool! Thanks Ed!

14 hours ago, RIVNIK said:

Ok, Schmid, I have to ask. Do the Swiss get a traditional broom for each birthday?  By the way, your posts, particularly the ones with step by step restoration techniques, have richened the forum & the Riview to a huge degree. I intend to make good use of your treatise on restoring door panels in the near future. Thanks again,    Drew       ps.  could you remind me of your website name?

@RIVNIK:
:lol:  I wouldn't know what to do with all those brooms hahaha...  No, it's just a saying here. ;-)  Kind of synonym for "year".  
And thank you so much for you compliment - I very appreciate that! 
The link to my webpage is on the logo of my signature, just klick on it. There you will find my work in process and the step by step restoration for your door pannels (Rivew article as PDF-downloads too).

@RivNut:
Thank you for the advise! Looks like a don't have posted enough 'cos I can't change the wording of my ranking... We will see. It is not a problem at all, I just was wondering because some person has "senior" in the rank but less than 100 posts and some have many different wordings.
I suppose, this will unlock from a certain amount of posts:

5ad897f46d06f_Schmiddy-AntiqueAutomobileClubofAmerica-DiscussionForums2018-04-1915-04-33.png.0d3ef1191bbde4f2cb622aba27e6638c.png

Or is there an other place to edit that rank wording???
Anyway, nothing important ;):)

Schmiddy,

Get back to the page you're showing above,  then look up in the right hand corner of that screen for a link that says "edit profile."  That's where you can change your status.  I think that Mike (NC68Riviera) just changed his.  He's now U S Army Veteran.

I just noticed that I finished my sophomore year in high school when you were born.  Glad to see that there's an interest in Rivieras in the younger generation.

Ed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19.4.2018 at 3:37 PM, RivNut said:

I just noticed that I finished my sophomore year in high school when you were born.  Glad to see that there's an interest in Rivieras in the younger generation.

Haha, that's cool Ed! ;) 

Right, I know some very nice guys madly in love with their Rivieras and they are much junger than I am! But actually that doesn't surprise me because Rivieras in general are character vehicles and have an incredible attraction potential at all - not least also with the ladies :P:lol:

About my status: 
As I said it does not bother me at all to be classified as a "junior", I was just curious how the ranking in this forum behaves... Maybe in the future I will be able to edit this ranking myself like you guys and from a certain number of posts - we'll see! :)

Junior greetings from Switzerland and I wish to you all a great day!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 11:40 AM, petelempert said:

The number of posts might elevate your "classification" on the forum, but doesn't always correlate directly to elevated knowledge, wisdom or expertise. Just saying. PRL

PRL, I”m a Senior Member and I have no clue why I have “senior “ member status. I’ll admit I really do not know much about auto mechanics. I try to help when I can.

Red Riviera Bob