Running Board Rubber Mat Cover GM? NOS 1930's F/S

John348

I have been having a lot of luck here on the site selling off some of these parts, so I am going to stay with the not hand and hope I can fine a home for this part. I am not sure what the application is, someone marked 1936 Pontiac on it but on the underside there is a part number that is too old for my books. The group # 8.316 which is the GM group for the Running board mat/cover and the part number is 497196. I don't think it was ever on a car but time is taking it's toll on the rubber and it is getting brittle, and some of the corners are chipped off. The mounting clips do not look like they were ever used. The it measures 49 1/2 " long tappers from 7 3/8" to 12 5/8" wide. It could be used for a driver car or an unrestored car that needs a slight improvement or even for a pattern to make a reproduction. The biggest cost to this part will be the shipping which I figure to be around $35.... because it an oversize part to ship  $60 domestic shipping is included unless you are in the Pacific NW it might be a few bucks more.
All the best

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG