90 Driftwood Convertible on Ebay

Kevin M

I really like the color combo, sharp! I know people on this forum always ask when our Reatta's are going to get some love and increase in value, It seems to be happening right before our eyes. We may all be longing for the days you could pick up a decent Reatta for a fair price!!  :)

I forget where I saw them but I saw two other 90 Convertibles with less millage and similar condition asking in the low to mid 20s. One was maui blue with a white top some where out west. I forget the other ones color but it was a weirder or rarer one. i'd love to see what the one driftwood/ red one looks like.

There is a guy in Colorado selling a Maui blue vert for $25 and he also has a white/red vert for 21 grand with 35000 miles. There is also a red/tan vert in Eunice LA selling for $24 with 17,000 miles. My opinion, the Driftwood very will sell for 22-24 grand, good money for sure.

That's probably the one I saw then. I'm not really looking west of the Mississippi river, a bit too far for me. I've been making a Spreadsheet of prices I've seen from various sources so I may have stumbled upon it on some other car site. I saw that one in Louisiana too

That's where I saw that then. I sort of forget what sites I've been looking at. I try to stick with craiglist, ebay, and Facebook marketplace but I do go on others here and there.  I'm planning on seeing the driftwood on ebay for a while. Just like that 91 a few places below it. Its also on the Autotrader like Brenda just posted.

That 1991 at Bill Kay has been for sale quite a while. It was for sale while I was doing my search. The moneys right for a good car and at 50,000 miles, you would think it would sell quickly. That being said, the paint looks like a 150,000 mile car, the stainless bumpers are corroding, the pin stripes on the trunk appear to be falling off, no photo's of the engine (not a good sign), not a decent photo on the seats and interior, etc. It just does not look like a low mile car to me and I think others fell the same way. As we have always heard, let the buyer beware (Caveat Emptot).

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, Barney Eaton said:

Unless someone unfamiliar with Reatta prices fall in love with this car.......they are going to have it for a long time at that price.

I agree with Barney. I just sold two (2)  Reatta's in past 6 weeks, one being a 1990 convertible - white on white with a claret interior and 24,200 miles on the odo needing the headlights and power antenna fixed. The other a 1989 blue hardtop with 84k miles needing  the A/C sorted out. There is no market for these cars other than with enthusiasts. Those are the folks who in most cases can do the work themselves. Trust me when i say this - they are not paying top dollar as they know the costs to keep them running.

My vice is a 2011 BMW GT 535 x drive with 146k miles. Some of my service bills will make your eyes water. ?