1925 Buick

ROD W

Rod:

Oregon Desert posted this link back on April 4th. Go back a page to see the original posting and comments. There is some confusion as to The California top statement. "bubba" indicated that the fellow told him the top folds but has the Rex style glass panel side curtains.

The owner had relisted the car as the original link had expired. Of course I wish there were better photos. I said I would call him but did not get around to it. I would at least want engine and frame #s for my records.

Just spoke to the owner. It was his fathers car and he drove it around from 1976-1982 when he parked it and put it up on jacks.  Has not been started since. He still can not tell me more about the top other than it is brittle. His father had a moving business and had the car completely buried in that garage. They are asking $22,000. He immediately started in with "they say if it is restored it would be worth $50,000"! I said to him that those of us who have these cars would have to put $50,000 in them to possibly get $25,000.

• Like 2

Without PROOF to the contrary , any prospective purchaser would have to ASSUME the worst. WE all know how that goes , and why. From the very little I can see , I can see I would have to see a lot more of it’s potential. I have a feeling the seller will be the owner of this car for some time. Like all the rest of us , I sure hope he can drag it out in the light of day and take some real pics of it.   -  Carl 

• Like 2

This is a 24-45 with a set of Rex enclosures on it.  I used to own this car and it's now being restored by its' new owner.  The windows are glass and they slide.   I think this  25-25 car might have them.  If so he removed the ones on the front door.  The picture shows the 24-45 car in 1929.  I wrote an article in the Bugle about it.  I'm glad to see more interest in the tourings from this period.

24-45 Louis Steiner.jpg

• Like 1