buick5563

Please introduce yourself...

28 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

We will forgive you IF you love the Buick.:D

Welcome and come often.

Ben

Thanks Ben, like the old Buick so far, pretty cool ride. I will post often because I have a lot to learn about this boy.

4 hours ago, Elpad said:

Nice garage, beautiful car 

Welcome

Thanks but this is the shop of the guy I bought the 39 from. I am out of room and will be building a new shop this yr.

Don’t look like a shop to me but a display case. There is a garage thread on the forum, you may pick u some tips for your own built. 

13 hours ago, Bruce W Jones said:

Hey Guys,

New Buick owner from S.C. home of 2018 College Football National Champs.  Just picked up a 1939 series 40 two door pretty much all original and restored a few yrs ago.  Olive Green with tow tone brown/beige cloth interior with gangster wall tires.  I will have a lot of questions since I am mostly a chevy corvette guy.

Welcome to the world of 39' Buick's 😊

Was the car from Florida? [Gary]

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My name is not really Al, I do that to stop the data miners world wide. But you can call me Al, or any other choice name... doesn't matter to me. I am starting on my 3rd classic. My first is the one I used to capture and tourture my wife on date nights when I was younger. A 1946 Willies with Wally the gator painted on the fenders sitting on his lillypads. My wife (Girlfriend back then) now supports my adventures in rust because of the adventures we had getting stuck in the mud (Not to mention a hood walk from a deep pond). I am no real qualified car man, just someone that was taught how to install crank bearings backwards and learn the noise it makes.  My father still laughs about that one. speaking of memories... Did you know a 1946 CJ2 will shift from 1st to reverse at 20 MPH without a grind? I still remember the crack of the washer hand crank against my forehead when I dumped the clutch. (Funny how the removable drivers seat will auto launch you into the window) My second adventure was and is a 1964.04 Mustang with a Falcon Sprint hood ring visible under the mustang emblem. Still waiting on paint, it has lost of sharp edges and pretty floors covered in dynamat. It was a homecoming gift to myself when I got back from my second Mosul love fest. I spent 1300 on it and still dream of the day it will be tagged. My latest was a choice find from craigslist this year (B Day gift to myself) and you will find its pictures scattered on this forum site. Yeah, I know, its a 4 door, but all that crome makes me dizzy. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Al! 

• Like 1

Athens, your not far at all, Im near Covington... Im thinking of getting this thing ready for the next Lemons Rally (Before any real restoring) just to turn heads with the rust. Any meet and greets in the area?

Posted (edited)

Hi my name is Alfred,

I am new to this Buick forum and I like reading all of the interesting post from it's members.

I bought a 1941 Buick 46S from friend in 1990, who bought it from the original owner in 1980.

The original owner replace the straight 8 with a 1960 364 nail head mated to the stock 3 speed.

In 1990 I started to restore my Buick. I have updated the transmission to a turbo 400 from a 1964 Buick and added Vintage Air for the hot days of summer.

Repainted the car in Jewel Green and restored and updated  the interior.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Edited by Alfred55 (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Wow very nicely done👍 @Alfred55 

please cosider showing us mor down in the Me and My Buick Forum 

I am David Strawn, living in DeLand Florida.  I recently acquired a '56 Special Convertible at an auction.  Talk about deferred maintenance!  I hope to have it ready to drive to Gonzales TX next week, for the Glidden Chrome the week after.  My wife and I are not strangers to long distance old car trips.  Just got back from the MARC meeting at Richmond Hill GA a couple of weeks ago.  Made the trip in our '31 Fordoor, with only a minor incident.  Back to my Buick.  I went through most of my undergrad with a '55 Special hardtop. What a good car!  My new one is the same Coral Red and Dover White.  BTW, some idiot glued (JB"d? the ash tray doors shut.  I'd like to get into them, and a dremel seems to be the tool of choice. I only want access to the lighter port, and I know I can wire an emergency socket for the trip. Any  ideas or guidance would be appreciated.

DUS.jpg

Edited by dustr@me.com (see edit history)

23 hours ago, dustr@me.com said:

I am David Strawn, living in DeLand Florida.  I recently acquired a '56 Special Convertible at an auction.  Talk about deferred maintenance!  I hope to have it ready to drive to Gonzales TX next week, for the Glidden Chrome the week after.  My wife and I are not strangers to long distance old car trips.  Just got back from the MARC meeting at Richmond Hill GA a couple of weeks ago.  Made the trip in our '31 Fordoor, with only a minor incident.  Back to my Buick.  I went through most of my undergrad with a '55 Special hardtop. What a good car!  My new one is the same Coral Red and Dover White.  BTW, some idiot glued (JB"d? the ash tray doors shut.  I'd like to get into them, and a dremel seems to be the tool of choice. I only want access to the lighter port, and I know I can wire an emergency socket for the trip. Any  ideas or guidance would be appreciated.

DUS.jpg

56 special convertible, nice buy ,  my sort of car , can’t wait to see your photos 

welcome 

pilgrim

On 10/9/2010 at 5:36 PM, buick5563 said:

Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

Hey Guys,

New Buick owner from S.C. home of 2018 College Football National Champs.  Just picked up a 1939 series 40 two door pretty much all original and restored a few yrs ago.  Olive Green with tow tone brown/beige cloth interior with gangster wall tires.  I will have a lot of questions since I am mostly a chevy corvette guy.

I know I haven't owned this old guy for long but thinking about selling, like the newer creature comforts more than I thought.  Great old car but have my eye on another corvette plus I am out of storage space.  Hit me up if you are interested.