buick5563

Please introduce yourself...

Introducing myself before I start asking questions. I inherited my grandmothers 1966 Buick Wildcat Custom. Has a 401 Nailhead, 400 auto, and very original. Been sitting in a barn for over 30 years, so I have some work ahead of me. 

Thanks,

Bryan 

Buick.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome! 

Beautiful inheritance, looks very complete to me. I will tune it up, wash it and drive it over the weekend. Ha ha... you are in the right place

59 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Welcome, Bryan

Last year for the Nail.  What part of the world do you hail from?

Ben

Texas, car came from Ennis. 

• Like 1

Well, I am certain I fall under the 20 point rule,  so here goes nothing.   I am a 46 year old who is smitten with anything Buick it would seem.   Dad always had a LeSabre and I have always been drawn to the Buicks of pretty much every age.  Currently I have a mostly restored 57 Estate Wagon that is sporting pink paint and it's .30 over 364 with fuel injection.   (FiTech)  Just a great car.  This weekend I am bringing home a 1947 Model 56-C Super convertible.  A bucket list car for me.  Super excited to bring it back to life and make it my own.   

20180506_100519.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scott Farrington said:

Well, I am certain I fall under the 20 point rule,  so here goes nothing.   I am a 46 year old who is smitten with anything Buick it would seem.   Dad always had a LeSabre and I have always been drawn to the Buicks of pretty much every age.  Currently I have a mostly restored 57 Estate Wagon that is sporting pink paint and it's .30 over 364 with fuel injection.   (FiTech)  Just a great car.  This weekend I am bringing home a 1947 Model 56-C Super convertible.  A bucket list car for me.  Super excited to bring it back to life and make it my own.   

20180506_100519.jpg

Waiting to see pics of the 47 , on my bucket list to.

Ben:

The FiTech is a great system.  Had to wire around the start switch on the carb. Beyond that, it is a great system and I no longer worry about the car vapor locking or being hard to start for the wife!  It is a pretty clean install and I am VERY happy with the performance.  The car just stands up and GOES!  As far as the pictures of the '47 - tomorrow she will emerge from the barn and begin her long journey to beauty again.  Here's a picture of the rear of the car and her sitting on 4 flats!  Note the room we have to put the tires on in this barn!  At least it was on concrete all these years- you guys are not going to believe how good the underside of the '47 looks!!  The second and third pictures are of the installed FiTech system on the wagon.  Note that the canister for the fuel pump is in the place of the washer bottle - this can be hidden in the tank now for a cleaner and more OEM look if you desire. 

Resized952018071495153112958581.jpg

Resized952017083195123454957184.jpg

Resized952017083195123512951653.jpg

• Like 1

Resized952017083195123454957184.thumb.jp

OK Beemon -- this may be the answer to your 4GC/WCFB dilemma!  ;)

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Hello.  I just inherited my Father's 1939 Buick Special recently.  It has been in my family since the 1960's.  He bought it in California and drove it back across the US when they moved back to Pennsylvania.  My fondest memories from my childhood were in that car going to parades, shows and just driving around in it.  My father passed in 2008 and my Mother just passed this past April, thus why the car has come into my possession.  It was unexpected (her passing) so the title and unfortunately it's keys cannot be found.  My sister who inherited their house went through everything like a tornado throwing things away and I fear these items were thrown away.  In order to get a new title for it I need to locate the VIN number.  I have an old registration card for it, but I don't know where to look on the car for the number.  Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction?  I hope to get her back on the road soon and out to some shows for my kids to enjoy.  Thanks so much for any help!  I enclosed a picture of it from our Wedding day in 2000.  It was our ride for the day :)  It has been in a garage ever since.  

The 39 001.jpg

• Like 2

Probably used the engine number. Passenger side down low on a machined ledge about 1/5 in by 3 in. If the number has sixes or nines, they will/may look like lower case b. 1's will look like an I.

Ben

• Like 1

I can't help you with your question but I will say welcome and thanks for the stories about what you remember about the car.   Brings back memories of my dad and his 38 Special.

• Like 1

Hello from Rock Hill SC.  My name is Philip and I have recently become a proud owner of a 57 Roadmaster

IMG_0506.PNG.db89b65d1f3bf7bb47b5d7860de3bb3b.PNGIMG_0508.JPG.57f7f32bd08bed970c125ed162ea2c3d.JPGIMG_0546.JPG.ee3d7c8a0a8cd54dab8e3169df2f7017.JPGIMG_0665.JPG.63db146b21d11ca3fe1b46faf4e26ad9.JPGIMG_0673.JPG.6693b12e05dd24b18a6bbcacbb75655a.JPGIMG_0507.JPG.7c861d12674a599d6401d323ef14d677.JPG

• Like 3

Welcome. She will be a beaute when done. What are your plans? Maybe you can start a thread on “ Me and my Buick” so we can see the progress as you go along. We all like to see pics.

• Like 1

Elpad,

As far as plans go. It will be a resto-mod I will keep the 364 nail head, I want to give it a better stance and change the original color of the car. The car at some point in its life was registered in Fort Leonardwood MO that is the same place that I started my military career. I will post pictures once I get started on it all I am trying to do now is find parts that I need for it. That has been a task that I did not realize how difficult it would be.

One question, do you know of any way to research vehicle ownership records for buicks. I would really like to try and track down who had this vehicle while it was registered at Fort Leonardwood

Nothing wrong with a mild mod, me particularly like original. As you probably know “evilBay” is one of the major source for used parts however; there is a healthy forum right here for used parts and a list of services and new part suppliers. Looking forward to the pictures. As far as ownership research, DMV is a good source and you will be surprised if someone recognizes the car by pics thus the hearsay stories and history.

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

Yes, ebay has collected an awful amount of money from me already. I am really having trouble finding inner front fenders and the center arch of the sweep spear molding for the right rear quarter panel. 

16 hours ago, Idntknowpr said:

Yes, ebay has collected an awful amount of money from me already. I am really having trouble finding inner front fenders and the center arch of the sweep spear molding for the right rear quarter panel. 

Try the CTC AUTO RANCH outside of Denton Texas.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 4:42 PM, Idntknowpr said:

I will post pictures once I get started on it all I am trying to do now is find parts that I need for it. That has been a task that I did not realize how difficult it would be. 

Look forward to following the build. Hopefully the hunt for parts will become easier now that you found the best Buick forum on the internet. Not to mention all the technical help these folks here have to offer. So welcome aboard!!!

14 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Look forward to following the build. Hopefully the hunt for parts will become easier now that you found the best Buick forum on the internet. Not to mention all the technical help these folks here have to offer. So welcome aboard!!!

Thanks MrEarl

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

I am Julle and I just came to this forum. We have a 7-seat Master Touring 25-49X in Finland. There are a lot of good restoration tips in the forum.

Brgds,

Julle

• Like 3

New here, from Tennessee. Always been interested in old cars. Now that i'm down to 1 child in the house I want to restore one. I've found an early 50s Buick I'm going to go look at Monday and will probably buy.

• Like 5

Welcome! We like pictures so show us your ride once you get it.