buick5563

Please introduce yourself...

Welcome!  Interesting range of projects Stooge.  A little bit of everything going on there.  Your friends are lucky you have that big shop. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Welcome!  Interesting range of projects Stooge.  A little bit of everything going on there.  Your friends are lucky you have that big shop. 

No garage is ever "big enough" :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Thanks! It keeps it interesting always having something different to work on especially if I get a little burned out on one of them, plus its just fun!  the truck that the dash belongs to has been a pretty extensive project, but its air suspension truck and wasn't sure what is off topic so I just put up a few of the interior ones.  I think they more like that I live alone and subsequently, am thought of as  always being "around" for when they need/ want to do something!

6 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

No garage is ever "big enough" :)

How very true that is! I've been in talks with the owner of the Edsel wagon about going in on a bigger shop/ storage space but haven't found anything that fits the bigger,  close enough and affordable rubric!

That's a great looking project and will be a hot little number when finished.  You should contact Dave Tacheny for drive train parts that are missing, this car is worthy of a restoration!

buick1.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kgreen said:

That's a great looking project and will be a hot little number when finished.  You should contact Dave Tacheny for drive train parts that are missing, this car is worthy of a restoration!

Thanks! I've wanted a prewar coupe of my own for awhile, but was actually in the market for a 49-54 GM coupe to make into a little hopped up, straight 6 daily driver, but came across this one when searching the regional craigslists ,and was also posted for sale over on the jalopy journal forums. it was a steal of a price in my opinion, came with hundreds of tagged and bagged parts from whoever blew it apart, and most importantly, and coincidentally since I bought it in upstate new York,  has a clean Massachusetts title!  It probably will not be a 100% correct restoration, but it also will not be anywhere close to getting a Camaro front clip and an LS either! I do intend on keeping the suspension and steering as close to stock, manual steering and brakes,  although there will be a deciding cost factor as far as the torque tube rear end is concerned and what I will be using for a driveline. I intend to drive this car a lot when its done, and although a straight 320 is ideal, (possibly with the Bendtsens adapter to an OD trans),  Im not so opposed to using something like a 401/425 nailhead mated to a 4speed if a good deal pops up.  I guess its something I need to decide on, along with seats and a steering column so i can start mocking stuff up when i start on it, hopefully in the next few weeks if i can finish up some other things and shuffle some cars around.

Edited by Stooge (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat_Tony said:

How's it going everybody? I'm Tony and the proud new owner of a 53 Buick Special. And I've already got a series of questions..lol.

IMG_0368.JPG

Nice to see another "more door"  She looks awesome and the gang here is happy to help.  Also be sure to use the search function in the top right to see if some questions might have been answered already!  I joined 6 years ago and love it. Welcome!

She runs like a champ! I was told the last owner never let her stay outside overnight in 20 years, he bought from a friend who did the same. I couldn't fill the surface area of 12x12 with the amount of surface rust, back seat looks great...front seat not so much. I think I found the original registration...or I can way off lol..attached photo. 

And thanks for the warm reception! 

IMG_0373.JPG

Looks like the original factory build sheet! Check the numbers against your data plate on the firewall. The bottom numbers are code for options. Where did you find it? 

Please consider telling more about yourself and the car in our "me and my Buick" forum! 

• Like 1

Yeah, there was an Ebert Buick in Winchester Virginia. That's all production data. An early form of the factory manifest or "build sheet" if you will. I've never seen one quite like it. TAKE CARE OF IT!!!

Take a look at your cowl tag and see how the numbers compare... Edited by SpecialEducation (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hey everybody! Been on the forum a short while and want to introduce myself and my soon-to-be 3-speed B60. Attaining this from my wife's uncle. Just over 29k original miles on the car (not 129k, paperwork was all saved and reflects the low mileage). Flint built car that has been in Wisconsin all its life. I will certainly be popping in here for advice in the near future!

21686385_10159400726590565_8656064710912512242_n.jpg

Edited by Karl B (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Newb here,

I recently acquired a 52 Buick Special and am in the process of enjoying the car as well as doing some minor upgrades/restorative work.

I'm from the Omaha Ne area and am a Pinstriper/ Painter. 

Bettylou1.thumb.jpg.33f46b416ae2375c53c92cae5b18414b.jpgBettyLou2.jpg.3817c60f7ee31900ae7a628cdc7fe6b1.jpg

• Like 6

Hi I'm Sliger machine, I have a Buick problem, they all won`t fit in my garage, so I can only fix up one at a time.  A 1925 is going to be first, at 50 I decided to spend more time on my own stuff, I normally fix everybody else's problems, I'm a machinist, that don't know how to type or spell.

20171024_214128_Film1[1].jpg

20171024_214235_Film1[1].jpg

Edited by sligermachine
first time to put picture on internet (see edit history)
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, sligermachine said:

hi im sligermachine  i have a Buick problem they all won`t fit in my garage so i can only fit up one at a time a 1925 is going to be first  at 50 i decided to spend more time on my own stuff i normally fix every body else problems im a machinest that dont know how to tipe or spell

Welcome abord  sligermachine, I can tell you're going to fit in purfictley hear? Be sure and drop down to the Pre War forum, there's a bunch of knowledgeable guys there always willing to share their knowledge and wit. Also please share more about that '25 in the Me and My Buick forum. ?

• Like 2

Newbie Here. Mike F Spent 25yrs service manager at a large  (Ford Lincoln Mercury) at that time now just Ford Lincoln. Love cars that are older than me 77yrs +++ . Belong to 3 car club s and president of our local one just love it..Mike

• Like 2

Just introducing myself, my name is Jim. I am a BCA member, former ASE tech and have been around Buicks all my life. I currently have a 38 fastback, 71 LeSabre convertible (for sale), 73 Electra 225, 74 LeSabre Luxus convertible, and a 2008 Lacrosse Super.

• Like 2

Awesome Jim!  That's quite the collection!  Would love to see some photos.  Welcome to the Forum!

2 hours ago, Mikefit said:

Newbie Here. Mike F Spent 25yrs service manager at a large  (Ford Lincoln Mercury) at that time now just Ford Lincoln. Love cars that are older than me 77yrs +++ . Belong to 3 car club s and president of our local one just love it..Mike

Welcome Mike!  Do you have any cars older than you at the time?

Good afternoon all I have a 1923 Buick 7passenger a1925 model t coup 1918 D B touring 1928 model a Ford 1963Studebaker Avanti. Looking for a 1929 D

B roadsters.  Mike

• Like 1

My name is Kevin Keenan and I am the director of the New Jersey chapter of the Buick Club of America. If you live in New Jersey or the surrounding area and would like to become a member of our chapter we would love to have you as a member. Send me an email and we will send you an application.

Kevin Keenan

(908) 461-8301

kevinjkeenan@aol.com

• Like 1