buick5563

Please introduce yourself...

Greetings, I have been a member of the BCA for about 9 years. I just love the Lesabre's and Electra's with the front opening hoods. While they may be nor as collectible as other Buicks they are hard to beat for daily transportation. They are also getting hard to find in good condition. I love Buick's but my funds are limited so this makes a great collector/driver. This is an 89 LeSabre Limited originally sold at Liberty Buick Glendale Arizona, it now has 74,000 miles. Purchased for $900.00. Had Air converted and Trans services along with a few other minor repairs so I now have a great driver for $1400.00. I plan on keeping this car- seeing as I live in Wisconsin don't know what to do next winter...

Hope to drive it in the car cruise in Brookfield next Wednesday  

IMG_20170529_122406257_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170621_184045381.jpg

IMG_20170509_144309732_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

Hey, parkisw, nice ride!  Ruby is my daily driver.  Just a little over 242k on the clock now.  The kids enjoy riding in this almost more than in the '56!

Buicks 2016  016.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Special Education:

Ruby looks great- these cars are uunderrated. 

Parkis

Hey RivNut,

I did jump on this horn bar. I tell you, it's a small world after all? I was able to meet up with him since he is also from Texas.

Hello,

New to this site.  Very interested in old Buicks.  Trying to identify the model that my great-great-grandpa had.  Will be posting about that shortly.  

I live in the midwest and really looking to learn more about the very early models!

Zach

• Like 1

I am Al, started getting called ally by my daughter when she was about 12 and it stuck although I did ad the e in alley. Yooper comes from the fact I fished there for many years and fell in love with the area and even bought property to retire to when that time came. How ever that didn't happen and we are thinking of selling our frontage on Big Bay DeNoc.

I am a tractor guy and own about 22 Massey Harris tractors from a 1938 101 to a 1957 555 diesel. It is my wife's fault as I only wanted one to start with for antique tractor pulling, while searching for a real Junker for parts she said I should just collect them. I have to admit my dad was a lot of help loading them on the trailer and dragging tie down chains when we started taking them to shows and quit the pulling mess. I kept at it after dad passed but I had aged along the way and it got more and more tiring doing the loading and loading.

1951 Massey 44 gas on maiden trip down the track with dad at the controls for a second place finish.

44_single_fronr_wheel.jpg

Told Kare I needed a old car or truck I could drive to shows, and just stopped taking the tractors to shows.

The 1985 Buick Le Sabre CE entered my life before I married my wife by 12 days in fact. It was a beautiful two tone gray belonging to my future mother in law. I was able to buy it on August 16th 2016.

Had just into 83,000 miles on it and it had became my father inlaws baby about 1995 or so. It had been in some semblance of storage  for 8 years.  Being we live in Michigan we are fast approaching the day it is put to bed for the winter.

413417388.jpg

This bug has bitten my wife really bad and wants me to get her 1993 Dodge stealth back on the road by spring.

:D  Al

• Like 4

Hi, I posted a pix of my recent purchase but I don't know how to ad any conversation to that thread. I've been a Mopar person most of my life (69 years old) but I saw this car on the Milwaukee craigslist and after about a month of haggling I was finally able to purchase the car. I bought the car from the second owner. he bought the car 21 years ago and put roughly 3500 miles on it but did nothing to the car so now I'm stuck bringing the car up to date and making it reliable. The car is 100% rust free and although it has 123K milDSC09564.thumb.JPG.b9b98ad161d23c8e29786ba4bea0f506.JPGes it still  has its original paint, top, interior and of course engine and transmission.

DSC09546.JPG

DSC09547.JPG

DSC09547.JPG

DSC09536.JPG

Hi, I posted a pix of my recent purchase but I don't know how to ad any conversation to that thread. I've been a Mopar person most of my life (69 years old) but I saw this car on the Milwaukee craigslist and after about a month of haggling I was finally able to purchase the car. I bought the car from the second owner. he bought the car 21 years ago and put roughly 3500 miles on it but did nothing to the car so now I'm stuck bringing the car up to date and making it reliable. The car is 100% rust free and although it has 123K miles it still  has its original paint, top, interior and of course engine and transmission.

DSC09543.JPG

Edited by GunnyGS
duplicate pix (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Nice, makes me want mine back.

I am from the SW Virginia area living near Mt. Airy, NC also known as Mayberry. Lucked up on this Buick, runs good but mostly will need complete interior work, paint, and tires. Just trying to get a starting point, and ideas.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:13 AM, buick51special said:

Hello, I am new here. Just bought a 51 Buick Special and I am soon going to start on this project. Hoping that this site will help.

6.jpg

07.jpg

int.jpg

In my opinion, it looks almost finished as is. ;)  Nice car!

• Like 1

Hi. Finally getting around and stepping into the Buick world. My dad had a few as did my uncles. I purchased a 1967 Buick Wildcat convertible custom ps,pb,pa (with 89000 miles) last year and will be starting the restoration process this winter . My goal is to do Route 66 in it with my son. It has a 455 in it for now as I'm overhauling the original 430. 

The war and finance department isn't happy with purchase.... I told her "it will be a great bonding experience with OUR son" we already have a great relationship but I've learned what levers to pull lol.

Looking forward to learning from the knowledgable members on this forum. 

Regards

Jim 

IMG_0029.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forums.  War and Finance Dept. will not be happy if that is her parking place...just saying from experience!  By the way, a garage that clean may be the sign of a sick mind.

Congrats, good looking car.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 67wildcatconvertible said:

I purchased a 1967 Buick Wildcat convertible custom ps,pb,pa (with 89000 miles) last year and will be starting the restoration process this winter ...

The war and finance department isn't happy with purchase....

IMG_0029.JPG

What restoration does it need? 

She has her very own spot with an electric heater on her side lol...  A clean garage yikes !!! It was recently cleaned and still have more to do. The dining room hutch I've been dragging around for 20 years. It her moms and she won't part with it. As for a sick mind  well it depends what you think sick is lol.... It sure is nice to find what I need for a change. My son did the oil change on it and loved how easy it was... He is hooked on the car !!!

As as for what it needs. The picture is deceiving..... The seats need redoing the dash isn't to bad....the dash pad isn't cracked either.

new front floors all lower quarter panels need attention. Also a new top with rear glass is needed.The frame is in great shape and here is my dilemma total frame off (my preference) or semi restoration. ? I scored on a hood, trunk lid, two doors, front bumper (mine needs work but I'll repair it)  a left fender is decent shape, a front grille in mint condition  and wheel well Chrome pieces. Paid $500 for all of it. The wife will have the nick name MoF (minister of finance )from now on  ...  wasn't impressed  with that one either until I mentioned her Michael Kores  purse. That went well lol. She's a good gal and just likes her fun with me. The wiper motor needs to be installed needs a windshield , a heater. The brakes are all done except the brake lines. The drive shaft is is all overhauled. The suspension has all new ball joints and tie rods. 

I guess it it depends how far down the Buick rabbit hole I want to go  ... Hmmm. Red pill or the blue pill ?

Hello Everyone...

I have been a member of the Yahoo 27 Buick group for nearly 20 years...for some reason just never joined the AACA Buick forum...until today!

I know Mark Shaw, Fred Rawling, and a number of the Buick 'heros' on here. I was raised in the backseat of Antique Buicks, and own two 1928 Buicks.

I'm an Antique Automobile Preservationist with 40(ouch!) years of research, knowledge and skill in this skull of mine. I'm happy to help anyone I can with issues of Preserving their pre-war Buick. I have a large collection of private, internal documents, that were saved from the 'great-burn' of 1973 in Flint, MI. 

Best Regards,

-BRENT

• Like 2

Welcome Brent.  Glad to have you as a part of the forum.

Because of your 40 year experience and knowledge, I would like to encourage you post your home and cell number on this forum.  Probably your home address and that of most of your close relatives and friends as well just to be sure we can get in touch with you for help with our cars. (Surely I jest - you cannot do that!)

Ken

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi I'm Shane, just got this bronze mist '63. I've been wanting a first gen for a looong time and now finally have one! 

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

Hi I'm Shane, just got this bronze mist '63. I've been wanting a first gen for a looong time and now finally have one! 

image.jpeg

Nice looking car.  Be sure to post some pictures on the Riviera Owners forum.  (Scroll down tne Buick forums, it's close to the bottom.)

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!  My name is Dan, im 29 and live a little outside of Boston, MA, and I've lurked on this forum off an on over the years, but was compelled to join after reading through Gary W's 1937 buick restoration thread . I work in a laboratory as a day job, but I have a hobby shop for putzing around with old cars in my freetime. I recently bought my first Buick,  a 1937 Century Coupe,  that is pretty well blown apart, but the puzzle pieces are fairly well documented. The century did not come with an engine, trans, interior or steering column/box,  but for the most part, im very pleased with the condition of the body. A few spots or rust and rot, but nothing is beyond recognition or enough to be too worried about, as the fenders, hood and trunk are all immaculate. I have a few other projects im trying to finish up,  and a few others waiting to be started, but Im most excited about starting on the buick. I've worked on a few other pre war, late 30's cars, (Chevrolets and Plymouths) but had mostly been updated  to be a little too modern and were both front clipped/ sbc powered and not really to my tastes.

Since everyone likes pictures, a few of the current projects I am either spearheading or a part of,  (and im not entirely sure what order these will post in). some of the buick when I was picking it up in Upstate New York, a fairly involved sheetmetal project for a 66 gto, a matching numbers 64 impala SS that I am working on with a buddy, a 58 Edsel Villager station wagon that another buddy and I picked up for him a few weeks ago that is just getting started, and some pictures of the dash for an 80's squarebody c10 I have had as a back burner project for a few years, scratch built dash using scrap shelving and based around shoebox ford gauges and clock.

Looking forward to learning a lot on here and offering help where I can!

buick1.jpg

buick2.jpg

buick3.jpg

gto.jpg

64impal.jpg

c10dash1.jpg

c10dash2.jpg

c10dash3.jpg

edsel trailer.jpg

• Like 5