buick5563

Please introduce yourself...

Hi everyone, I should have introduced myself earlier and i do apologize.. My name is Benny and i am from Sydney Oz.. Hope everyone is well in all is good in your neck of the woods.

I own a 63 Riv which i am restoring at the moment. Spending a lot of time on this forum searching for info and advice and one thing i would like to say is "THANK YOU SO MUCH" to everyone.. :) Without all this knowledge and information a young 30 year old like myself could find himself in a bit of a pickle.

Thanks again everyone and by golly our Buicks are awesome.. :)

Rivit,

Welcome ,

I am sure you have already noticed the large number of members from Australia and know of their active group.

John

G'day John..

Thank you for the greetings. Actually I only noticed one bloke on here. I know of a few guys from the local Buick club, Great chaps they are.

Now it's time for me to start ordering parts for my restoration. .haha

All the best mate.

Benny..

Hello, my name is John and Im very new to this. Im from Long Island NY. I have a 1955 Buick Special. 264 3 speed 2 door. I tried uploading some pics but it said the files were to large.

Hi folks. Name is Anthony. Been learning for a while with great interest and envy towards you guys across the pond! Bought a 53 super 4 door for my dad and ready to start the survival story. His favourite car from his youth and it's already made him feel young again! Look forward to learning loads and making connections. Míle buíochas from Ireland

Hi folks. Name is Anthony. Been learning for a while with great interest and envy towards you guys across the pond! Bought a 53 super 4 door for my dad and ready to start the survival story. His favourite car from his youth and it's already made him feel young again! Look forward to learning loads and making connections. Míle buíochas from Ireland

Welcome, Anthony.

I have seen the pic of your car. NICE. Will be watching.

Ben

Hello Fellow Buick Enthusiasts, Little Terry Wiegand here, also know as The Buickologist. I sure did not know that the WORLD FAMOUS 1954 BUICK ENTHUSIAST down in Georgia is a Jarhead. Please do not hold this against him. I did my bit with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club decades ago. Lamar, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY! I think we are all guilty of not thanking our veterans enough for what we have here in this country. I am thankful that we can all drive Buicks and Chevrolet Trucks because of our military folks. Barbara and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Terry Wiegand Doo Dah America

Just joined this Forum. I have a 1951 Buick Super Riviera Sedan originally purchased by my grandparents in Riverside, CA. The car was ordered by a General at March Air Force base who was transferred before he took delivery. The dealer called my grandfather and asked if he wanted this metal flake blue one instead of the black one he ordered and it became the family car. It has 57K original miles on it but looks like 100K. I'm going to restore it to "good" condition with paint and interior as my daughter has announced that when she gets married she wants this car instead of a limo. Since she is 21 I will have a few years to work on it...I hope.

I also own a 1997 BMW 840CiA and belong to the SoCal Eights club. I also spend a lot of time on BimmerForums for this car. The BMW is also a restoration project but needs significantly less restoration than the Buick. With a top speed of 188 mph the BMW is also very different from the cruiser Buick. Very nice alternatives.

Nice to be here.

Just joined this Forum. I have a 1951 Buick Super Riviera Sedan originally purchased by my grandparents in Riverside, CA. The car was ordered by a General at March Air Force base who was transferred before he took delivery. The dealer called my grandfather and asked if he wanted this metal flake blue one instead of the black one he ordered and it became the family car. It has 57K original miles on it but looks like 100K. I'm going to restore it to "good" condition with paint and interior as my daughter has announced that when she gets married she wants this car instead of a limo. Since she is 21 I will have a few years to work on it...I hope.

I also own a 1997 BMW 840CiA and belong to the SoCal Eights club. I also spend a lot of time on BimmerForums for this car. The BMW is also a restoration project but needs significantly less restoration than the Buick. With a top speed of 188 mph the BMW is also very different from the cruiser Buick. Very nice alternatives.

Nice to be here.

Welcome aboard, love that mouth full of teeth on your status, beautiful grill. Mike

Hi, I'm Phillip! I recently acquired an awesome '67 Wildcat with about 50k miles on it. It's in great condition and I'm looking to restore it even farther.

Hey there and Happy Holidays,

I live in the Redwoods of Northern California and know that the most elegant of all vehicles ever made (in my not so humble opinion) were the Buick Rivieras. My personal favorite being years '65 and '66 (NAILHEAD!). Although I can sometimes be see driving a 1967 Riviera (triple green trim), this is just an illusion, I am really riding a fire breathing DRAGON! I am now seeking my Legend vehicle that will be passed down through the family and I have chosen 1966 Riviera, so if anyone has leads on a very nice quality '66, please send them my way. My ideal car is a shadow turqious '66 GS with aqua interior & center console & of course cornering lights (wood steering wheel anyone?!).

By the way, anyone got a nice set of Buick Rally wheels (code 802 or 853) or cornering lights they are looking to sell?

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself to this community.

HI!

Essentially,

Gabriel

RoA member: 10472

Edited by gabrielquinn
spelling (see edit history)

I am Bill Abraham have been on here before. I sold (traded) my 90 reatta convert for a 1956 4dr cad hard top. sold that. bought a 1950 Merc. Kustom. still have. bought a 89 Reatta coupe. sold that. now have a 1990 coupe. a real better.

Good day everyone! My name is Corey I am based out of Ohio, I recently picked up a 1956 Buick Special 4 door sedan that I'm looking to restore. The reason I picked this up to restore is because I just had a son and I thought that as he gets older it would be a fun father/son project and I've always had a soft spot for older cars.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227934[/ATTACH]

Hello Fellow Buick Enthusiasts, Little Terry Wiegand here, also know as The Buickologist. I sure did not know that the WORLD FAMOUS 1954 BUICK ENTHUSIAST down in Georgia is a Jarhead. Please do not hold this against him. I did my bit with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club decades ago. Lamar, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY! I think we are all guilty of not thanking our veterans enough for what we have here in this country. I am thankful that we can all drive Buicks and Chevrolet Trucks because of our military folks. Barbara and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Terry Wiegand Doo Dah America

Sorry I missed this earlier. Thanks for your appreciation, you ol' Salt!!!

Hey I'm Jim and I am a new member to this forum. I own a Marlin Blue 1964 Riviera by Buick. As many of you, my dad was a Buick guy. He was a salesman and said that if you drove a Cadillac your customers would think you were doing too well and didn't need their business. Driving a Buick meant you were doing well, but still working hard. I could use some expert help. I attended the Buick Centennial in Flint, MI in 2003 and bought a Buick Centennial wristwatch. I wondered if I might get some help placing a value on it. It's still in all it's original packaging. Thanks.

hello my name is Bob and I have a 1938 buick coupe I was wondering what version (trim model) special, business, opera, I have?

What should I look for?

How many trim levels did the coupe come in?

thank you in advance

Hey I'm Jim and I am a new member to this forum. I own a Marlin Blue 1964 Riviera by Buick. As many of you, my dad was a Buick guy. He was a salesman and said that if you drove a Cadillac your customers would think you were doing too well and didn't need their business. Driving a Buick meant you were doing well, but still working hard. I could use some expert help. I attended the Buick Centennial in Flint, MI in 2003 and bought a Buick Centennial wristwatch. I wondered if I might get some help placing a value on it. It's still in all it's original packaging. Thanks.

Hi Jim, a friend of mine is looking for one! I'll ask him what he thinks. I don't remember how much they were in 2003, Are you willing to sell?

Hi Jim,

I don't know what you actually paid for that watch, but I was a member of the committee that put that show on and know that the Buicktown Chapter paid around $18 each for those watches.

Is this the one with the "Buick" script across the top with "2003 Centennial" underneath?

If so, I would be willing to buy that watch from you for $25 plus shipping.

If you're interested please send me an email at: raleets@juno.com

Many thanks,

Bob

Roberta,

At this point, i am just trying to get an idea of what it might be worth, but I might be willing to sell. If your friend is interested have him/her contact me through the forum. Thanks.

Jim

Hello all.....my name is Sam and I have joined the forum for my dad and his wife who have a '50 Super Eight that has been sitting in the family barn since about 1976. It is in rough shape and I am tasked with getting as much information as possible as I can for them. I have just started this journey and am looking forward to it.

At this point I am not sure what the plan is for the car.

For me aside from loving beautiful cars I am a motorcycle person. I own a few from a Ducati 748S sportbike to my inherited 1973 and 1974 Moto Guzzi V7 Sports (one running one in many parts). A new found hobby that I am just entering is SCUBA diving and that is just amazing.

I am not sure how often I will post but I do plan on doing more than my share of reading with a question here and there.

Sam

Sam Welcome to the forum

Is well worth your father joining the BCA as blue link in my signature

Guzzi's are a very well engineered & built motorcycle

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Hey everyone,

After lusting over the first gen Rivieras for a few years I finally rescued one a month ago. I found it sitting in a back lot covered in dust and tumble weeds. Surprisingly engine fired up after a "few" attempts by the seller. Trim/chrome pieces seem to all be there, plastic parts are there but pretty worn, numbers match, some surface rust, interior to include seat upholstery needs to be redone as well as other mechanical/electrical components for a 50 yr-old machine. I've since removed all interior to include instrument cluster, dash etc. Since visiting this forum for a little bit I've learned a bit. I appreciate the knowledge and info shared here. Hope to get my ride on the road...let the madness begin!

jeff

Hey folks,

Just bought my first Buick. A '68 Wildcat with tons of potential and lots of work to be done. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I start fixing her up, and this looks like the best place to find answers. Here's a glimpse of the old black cat. More pics after the snow here clears.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233687[/ATTACH]

David,

Buffalo NY