'91 running rough after warm re-start

Labrat

Oh wow Okey. Thanks you very much i will buy new maf from rockauto. The oem expensive one. I thing it will be the same reason. Yeah like you say. This cars are so good that they will be in our hearts forever. And yeah I love Reatas too. I live in small country in center of Europe (Czech Republic)  and I didnt have Amy of europeans car. For daily driving i have 1988 Pontiac 6000 STE 2,8 v6. My girl friend have this 1989 Buick Skylark limited. And for weekend driving i have my 1978 Chrysler LeBaron Medallion 318cui V8. And Last car i have is 1989 Ford Broco II 2,9 V6. Here in Europe are this cars so rare. But I love them all and I never sell them. Only buy others and others to colection. 😊😊😊

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Seems we forget that almost every cars needs maintenance and things fixed from time to time.    Some owners seem to think their Reatta is a money pit and decide to go with something different,  Of course we

will never hear from them about the issues they might have with their new choice. 

One of the scary things about newer cars are all the electronics.  What happens when a vehicle is 10 years old,  lets say you have a 2012 something.   Individual parts are getting unavailable,  the dealer and many parts 

houses only carry a complete assembly.   Even if the pully on your power steering pump fails,  you end up buying a complete power steering pump.   Same thing with electronics.   What if your "display" fails,  you might as

well have a 1988-89 Reatta with a CRT because you will be buying a new display assembly.   

From an economic standpoint,  we would all be better off starting with a 2-4 year old used car and drive it for 2-3 years then do the same thing again.    If we look back over the last 10-15 years.... what vehicles do you thing will become collectable in another 15 (when they are the age of our Reattas)  very few except for some expensive exotics.     On top of that I just paid the insurance on my '11 pick-up and '17 Enclave and the insurance is almost 

$100 per car per month..... but I can insure my Reatta (with mileage restrictions) for about $200 per year.    Maybe the answer is to own 3-4 Reattas insure them a antiques and rotate driving them to keep the mileage within the

insurance limits.

Acording to this. Here in our country we have for old cars like Historical licence plates. You make Historical aprovement and after that thez give you special licence plates. You must have car older 30 year. And insurance for this type of car is 1/12 cost of normal price so I pay around 20 usd for car per year. Thats why i drive daily this cars. I hate new cars. Or ok give me 70 000 usd for some cool new car. But still it didnt have this Soul 

On 1/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, Barney Eaton said:

Seems we forget that almost every cars needs maintenance and things fixed from time to time.    Some owners seem to think their Reatta is a money pit and decide to go with something different,  Of course we

will never hear from them about the issues they might have with their new choice. 

One of the scary things about newer cars are all the electronics.  What happens when a vehicle is 10 years old,  lets say you have a 2012 something.   Individual parts are getting unavailable,  the dealer and many parts 

houses only carry a complete assembly.   Even if the pully on your power steering pump fails,  you end up buying a complete power steering pump.   Same thing with electronics.   What if your "display" fails,  you might as

well have a 1988-89 Reatta with a CRT because you will be buying a new display assembly.   

From an economic standpoint,  we would all be better off starting with a 2-4 year old used car and drive it for 2-3 years then do the same thing again.    If we look back over the last 10-15 years.... what vehicles do you thing will become collectable in another 15 (when they are the age of our Reattas)  very few except for some expensive exotics.     On top of that I just paid the insurance on my '11 pick-up and '17 Enclave and the insurance is almost 

$100 per car per month..... but I can insure my Reatta (with mileage restrictions) for about $200 per year.    Maybe the answer is to own 3-4 Reattas insure them a antiques and rotate driving them to keep the mileage within the

insurance limits.

1st, Labrats 1991 is a beautiful Maui and Grey.  In reading his comments I found it interesting that he has his pick of - we will call them - enthusiast cars, more modern cars with collectible or driving enjoyment.  

Reattas will never be the fastest but are not that far behind.  The one aspect of the Reatta I have always appreciated is that they are a clean sheet design that draws no real cues from other contemporaries or even close.  They did not borrow a taillamp or roof section from a Corvette or Riviera.    A person can collect a Reatta and thoroughly enjoy it.  

2nd - I am doing my best to stay out of the old car hobby but I look and get involved every day.  Some days I want a truly old artifact - a 1920's or late teens Buick, or late 30's or 40's Cadillac.  Somedays I want a C4 Corvette.  I claim to be out of the Reatta hobby after selling my last 2 recently for a modest profit.  

I am in no hurry.  My wife and I bought a nice home with a "supposedly"  2 1/2 car garage.  My 2021 Toyota Tundra won't fit in there WITH her 2019 Blazer so the Tundra is parked in the smallish driveway and still sticks out 2 feet into the street.  Not ideal. 

There is a thread further up regarding suburban garage space and how it is impacting ownership experiences.   I don't plan to move. 

My "wishful thinking" budget for 2 C4 Corvettes is approximately $18,000 to $22,000.  I have a hard time just buying ONE car.  That means I need to find storage for one of the cars.  The other one can be sandwiched in next to my wife's modern Blazer.  Somehow, the elderly couple got by with 2 small modes of transportation that fit in this garage.  

Anyway, my point is a Reatta would also fit in the garage.  The issues I have had and many of us have had would still pop up, but Reattas are so cheap that a person should be able to buy a nice lower mileage coupe for $7,000, a little less than a C4 Corvette.  I have my eye on a 1986 Buick Century GS that would also fit the bill.  But Reattas are right sized for the modern collector.