Sign in to follow this  
Steve_Mack_CT

Lincoln L series question

Here is a car i know personally and it is a type  169B factory body. It looks pretty much identical to the two cars posted above. 

For comparison, this car was for sale and sold for 40K. It had a meticulously rebuilt engine, new paint and all new exterior chrome - it did have a worn original interior. 

L

f0ee9d24f57abfabcd9eca832c7d0657.jpg

• Like 1

this is a photo of the willoughby "limousine" from my catalog. 

I cant figure out what the difference is between the type 174 and 160- both were offered in 1929 and are called willoughby 7 passenger limousine. Either way, they are super rare and I cant imagine that those cars you are considering are willoughby bodied. 

ill be quiet now.

type174wulloughby.jpg

• Thanks 1

i will add that the hemmings car seller claims it is one of 1513 made in  1929 - which incidentally is the exact number of type 169B factory bodies that were made in that year....

where as the willoughby bodied cars were:

Type 160 - 155

Type 174 - 228

So, I think we have our answer....

• Thanks 1

Yes, still attractive and affordable, perhaps even more so knowing that, Linus!

Havent spoken yet but I wpuld be inclined to give benefit of the doubt here, a likely honest error, he likely believes what he wrote or was told.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

Maybe, mentally a tad earlier than the general 29 to 33 or so sweet spot, but it is an attractive car.  Doesnt look so conserative for the year, estimates are not scary either.

8 hours ago, alsancle said:

How about a Judkins then?

That body was also placed on Pierce Arrow Senior series 33/36 cars. At least one on them is still around. I agree the Lincoln is a great car, under valued and not well understood.

8 hours ago, alsancle said:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

That body was also placed on Pierce Arrow Senior series 33/36 cars. At least one on them is still around. I agree the Lincoln is a great car, under valued and not well understood.

Looks better on the Lincoln?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Looks better on the Lincoln?

Yes.  Except if I admit that my Perrce Arrow buddies would bust my chops.  So I have no comment. 

• Like 2

That judkins coupe is missing some hard to find parts and its in poor shape. I would not consider that car. Buy the blue 169B in hemmings.

• Like 1

Yes, initially the Judkins appeals to the eye, especially for a mid 20s car.  But I am not looking for a heavy project, Linus!  Still noodling some cars around for sure.