Sign in to follow this  
jeff_a

1926 Locomobile Photo

An intriguing  vehicle from the Adrien Cote'  Collection/Saint-Laurent Museum in Montreal. One of 14 high-end cars for sale there about 2 years ago(also 2 Hudsons, Stanley, Stearns-Knight, Studebaker, Graham, Franklin, Hupmobile, Auburn, Cord, Peerless, Lincoln, REO, & Oakland cars). This one sold to parts & persons unknown.

A Minnesota car collector I know picked up a '22 Hudson and a '27 Peerless V-8 from the same guys. Caption says: "1926 Locomobile Junior Woody Wagon".

1926 Other Makes

Photo from Musee' Saint-Laurent, Trois Pistoles, Quebec

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Jeff,

Nice Locomobile Junior 8!  Also a nice way to salvage a car that most likely lost its original body many years ago.  Does anyone know of the whereabouts of this particular car?

Al

This locomobile jr is listed in Hemmings motor news. The car is located in southern California. If anyone car get the vin # and motor # it would be helpful for the locomobile jr archives listings. I tried but no answer.

63034662-770-0@2X.jpg

Wow --- this great Locomobile eight-cylinder woody went from Quebec to California!

Does anyone have a real idea of the completeness and originality of this Locomobile?

Al

I am usually not a depot hack fan. (aka model "T", model "A") But there is something to say about one made from a top

tier automobile and I really like this one.

from what I seen, the chassis is correct. the cowl forward is correct. body and dash incorrect. the dash console should have a cluster in center with gauges inside and to the right have temp gauge. ignition switch to the left.

Hello Loco-27,  Could you post a picture of a correct Junior 8 dash so we can all understand what a proper dash should look like?

Al