1925 Lifters

I'm helping someone assemble a 1925 engine. The lifters he has have a large, rounded radius on the bottom. The cam had been reground and lobes are flat. What gives?  I cannot imagine the lobes would hold up against this radius.

Are there any suppliers with lifters available for this engine?  

Sorry I can't help on who could supply lifters but they shouldn't be too difficult to come by as I'm pretty certain that 25-27 Chev lifters are all the same with a change to mushroom type lifters in 28 I would have a stack of the earlier type lifters here but I'm probably too far away to help(Australia). The type you are looking for have a small radius on them so the spin a little all the time  . Anyway I can take a photo later of the correct sort if you would like. cheers Ben

Oregon Cam Grinding in Vancouver WA can regrind and reharden your lifters.  Their rates are very reasonable.  I think it was something like $6.00 ea., but that may have been the '29 rockers I also had them do.  They can do the cam with the gear on it.  The fiber gears are becoming hard to find, and are generally destroyed when you try to pull them off.