Jump to content

1939 Turn signal indicator lense


Recommended Posts

I do not know if you could find a reproduction, likely you could make one.  Medium green, flat profile, light must pass through and if necessary I could take a photo of mine.  Regards, Gary

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can make one from a green tab on a set of notebook dividers.  I used one of those for years until a gentleman in New Zealand (or was it Australia) offered me one from a pack of NOS he'd found somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

You can make one from a green tab on a set of notebook dividers. 

I used one of those for years until a gentleman in New Zealand (or was it Australia) offered me one from a pack of NOS he'd found somewhere.

Danny from Australia gave some of us 1 of the green indicator lens these from his stock of parts. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

Danny from Australia gave some of us 1 of the green indicator lens these from his stock of parts. :)

Danny is the same fellow that helped me change over from the notebook divider my wife had cut out and we'd used for years.  I think that was for the green convertible coupe.  The yellow and blue '39s I own may still have those we custom made from green plastic notebook dividers.  I thought it was Danny Harris, but that was a long time ago and it's better that he volunteered for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 8:37 AM, cxgvd said:

I do not know if you could find a reproduction, likely you could make one.  Medium green, flat profile, light must pass through and if necessary I could take a photo of mine.  Regards, Gary

I picture would be excellent if possible  i would like to see exactly how it looks. Thanks everyone for the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found some acrylic jewels at Michael's (I think).  They had foil backing that I scraped off - just fit.  Here is photo of it installed and also the package.  

IMG_0615.thumb.JPG.1dd9de7a615e7989bf1912cf9ab9c1a3.JPGIMG_0616.thumb.JPG.68c1bc9baf0f09d7afa5f8c2547f0d2d.JPGIMG_0618.thumb.JPG.38a8858ca63e68e138556ce243dde975.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...