Extruded U Nut with 1" offset to hold splash pans to frame

Touringcuda

I am going to attach splash pans to my 1932 DeSoto that have been setting in a box for too many years.

Was going to use  1/4  20 bolts 1" long thru existing holes in the frame held with a flat washer, nut, flat washer, splash pan, flat washer and nut.

When I got to the passenger side splash pan I noticed that two of the Extruded U Nut clips were on the frame. I require 10.

The U Nut Clips will make a neater job with the splash pan resting against the frame.

The center of the 5/16" hole in the frame is 1" from the edge of the frame. Therein lies my problem.

Does anyone know of a vendor that makes such a clip.      (picture attached)  This Clip has 1" offset.

I would think all Chrysler products of the era would be the same.

Most vendors have either 1/2" or 3/4" offset. I would rather find the one I need as pull the hole with a file

Touringcuda

Desoto no flash 038.JPG

Calling this a "J nut" might help find what you are looking for.  Using a search engine there are dozens of places that have "J nuts" in hundreds of configurations.  Perhaps this might broaden your chances of finding exactly what you are looking for.  It seems different manufacturers called the same thing different names.

Thanks for the suggestions. Wow are there a lot of vendors out there!!!

Wikepedia informed me..........

U-nut[edit]

A U-nut is very similar to a J-nut except that both legs are the same length. Because of this a retaining clip is usually formed on the leg without the threads. This helps keep the nut in place while not screwed down. The thread may be of a speed nut style, integrated nut, or have an extruded portion that is tapped.There are "standard" and "wide-panel" versions; the standard version has a solid hinge section, whereas the wide-panel version has a longer hinge with the center section cut-away to allow for easier installation.

The deepest that most are is 3/4 to 7/8 inch deep so I am still searching.

Jeff @ restorationspecialties  was at Charlotte for the swap meet over the weekend.

Maybe he might help.